uniqs
share rss forum feed

markell2011

join:2010-03-13
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

[General] account breach

I've only had earthlink for two weeks and my account as already been breached( somebody changed my password so when my modem tried to renew its pppoa session the internet connection stoped and told me to call earthlink which i did but the first time they wanted me to replace my modem and i said no second time today i just asked was my password changed and the man confirmed) just telling everybody so they can watch out

Expand your moderator at work

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to markell2011

Re: [General] account breach

said by markell2011:

I've only had earthlink for two weeks and my account as already been breached( somebody changed my password so when my modem tried to renew its pppoa session the internet connection stopped and told me to call earthlink

Interesting. I've had Mindspring, now Earthlink since 1996 and have never had my passwords on any of my 8 email accounts changed by anyone other than myself every 6 months or so. Other than losing access to your DSL and email for the main account (they share the same login/password credentials) what value would breaching your main email account password hold for anyone?
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?