dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

St Pete BHN

Anon

[Internet] upgraded to RRLightning in St Pete - VoIP broken

I just upgraded to RRLightning in St Pete and the tech brought in a ubee DVW3201b. The speed upgrade is as advertised. After the tech left, I realized that my Polycom VoIP phone can no longer initiate or send calls. It does boot fine. The Brighthouse RR phone support told me that this is beyond the support that they do, and I should call the company that makes the phone. Grr. Any ideas?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

You need will likely open up some ports in the gateway. Send me a PM and post all the details here in the forum as to the make, model and service you use and I'll get ya some help...

St Pete BHN

Anon

Didn't see a way to send you a PM, do I need to register?

I'm using a local provider called packettel networks - very satisfied with them.

I have a Polycom Soundpoint 501. According to my contact at Packetel, this phone changes ports so a solution where ports get opened may not work. Their advice was to just configure the device as a bridge and stick with my existing router - an Apple airport extreme with a repeater to reach my entire house. I'm going to call Brighthouse again and see if they can help me with that. I saw another of your posts to ask for PDS support, let ya know how that goes.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yes that would also work

St Pete BHN

Anon

Thanks to outstanding local support, all is well. The ubee is in bridge mode, the Apple Airport Extreme is the wireless router again, and the Polycom VoIP phone is happy. Again, outstanding local support from both the local office and Product Development Support (PDS).

Note - the national support people don't know what PDS means. Best to ask for transfer to local support first.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by St Pete BHN :

Thanks to outstanding local support, all is well. The ubee is in bridge mode, the Apple Airport Extreme is the wireless router again, and the Polycom VoIP phone is happy. Again, outstanding local support from both the local office and Product Development Support (PDS).

Note - the national support people don't know what PDS means. Best to ask for transfer to local support first.

Thank you for the update...