AKA Everybody
Premium Member
join:2009-04-10
Mos Eisley

Everyone to siersema

Premium Member

to siersema

Re: Fios Freedom Essentials vs Fios Digital Voice

well dang, $6.26 less per month is a pretty big incentive to demand Digital Voice over Freedom Essentials. Not to mention the extra features Digital Voice has.

I was just PMed this thread, which seems to be an ongoing issue: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Ho ··· p/308023

And there's something strange with the Fios ordering on Verizon website for my address and neighbors too. After you enter your address to check, on the next page it shows Fios Digital Voice as one of the services available, but it doesn't let you order it, only freedom essentials.

I spoke with the Verizon Chat, and this is what they said: »dl.dropbox.com/u/2005490 ··· oice.png (ps. my name isn't Davinder Singh, it's the name I use for customer service chats, no offense to anyone...)

Gary A
join:2008-03-02
Odessa, FL

Gary A

said by Everyone:

well dang, $6.26 less per month is a pretty big incentive to demand Digital Voice over Freedom Essentials. Not to mention the extra features Digital Voice has.

That was exactly my motivation for upgrading to FDV 2 years ago. It works fine with no drop in voice quality.

The only possible drawback is that it is unregulated as far as the states are concerned. So if you have a problem with FDV and want to complain to your state's public service or public utilities commission, you can't.