share rss forum feed
« Suck it attPayphones »
This is a sub-selection from Good

chex383

join:2003-03-13
Montreal, QC
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Good

You seem to forget that Hell-Rizon is the ILEC in New England, and as such they have towers at each of their Central Offices in almost every single town and city in Southern New England ( sold off Northern NE to Fairpoint) , which have very deep well lead-acid batteries, and powerful generators to keep the CO's alive for weeks on end, and wireless stays up as well. ATnT in New England does not have such luxurious facilities as Hell-Rizon, hence why they were less reliable in a power outage.
--
Sung to the old New England Telephone Ad Jingle: " We're the only one New Eng-Lund, Hell-Ri-zon Tele-phonnnnne! "

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Not to mention that AT&T is the ILEC in Connecticut. As a matter of fact, I wish Verizon would sell their Western Mass assets to AT&T because the town of Enfield, CT has U-Verse and that is less than a 15 minute drive from me (I'm in Springfield, MA). I go to Enfield all the time as the malls down there have excellent bargains. I got a Craftsman drill on clearance at the sears there for $16. The same drill in western mass was $60. As for Verizon FiOS, the closest it's come to Western Mass is Worcester, which is about an hour away or about 47 miles. If AT&T bought Verizon's western mass assets, then they could build U-Verse in Springfield and tie it into the Enfield system since Verizon does not seem to want to deploy FiOS in Western Mass.
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.