All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MacGuruTX
join:2009-07-24
San Diego, CA

MacGuruTX

DSL Splitter available locally in Houston area?

I"m visiting my in laws in Lake Jackson. They have DSL at their house with truly abysmal speed.

I think the problem is that all of the house phone wiring is spliced together throughout the attic for different jacks.

Trying to find a local supplier of DSL Splitters ( preferablly exterior or NID) so I can put a home run in for the DSL modem while I'm here on christmas vacation.

Does anyone know a local seller?

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

SandShark5

Premium Member

I wish I could help you find one, but I have no idea where you'd buy a NID. Any reason why your in-laws won't get the phone company to install a NID?

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to MacGuruTX

Premium Member

to MacGuruTX
Electronics Parts Outlet on Fondren south of Westheimer might. I would call ahead and ask. Graybar or Grainger might also.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to MacGuruTX

Premium Member

to MacGuruTX
I'd get a 66 punch down and mount it in the attic.

then run a cable (a good quality one, likely class F aka cat7 just to be overkill) from the demark to the 66 block

then run all the plugs to the 66 block

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin to SandShark5

Mod

to SandShark5
said by SandShark5:

I wish I could help you find one, but I have no idea where you'd buy a NID. Any reason why your in-laws won't get the phone company to install a NID?

The OP is not asking where to buy a NID but instead where to buy a DSL filter which fits inside a NID such as this one.

»www.suttleonline.com/cat ··· ter.html

Sorry OP, no idea on finding one in the Houston area.

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

SandShark5

Premium Member

You know I read and re-read his post and I still didn't understand what he was asking. Thanks for clarifying.