Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

DrStrange

Premium Member

73 magazine archive online

In case anyone wants to read old issues of 73 [to go with those old RatShack catalogs], they're available online at:

»www.archive.org/details/ ··· magazine

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Wow!

I wonder how Wayne Green decided to do that?

The copyrights could not have expired that fast!

FWIW, 73 mag had a lot of problems, including a financial scandal whereby a staff member took money intended for the authors of some of the articles. As a result even if Wayne wanted to he could not put the articles online because the authors would not give him permission until they got paid (which the never were!)

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

In that case, we'd better get them while the getting is good.

My take on it was that someone donated their old collection of magazines to the public library, FWIW.

I'll bet there's a 'Fair Use' disclaimer buried in fine print somewhere. That might hold up in court, depending on how good the lawyers are on either side and on the mood of the judge and/or jury.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

The magazines' labels are from Buckmaster. My guess is that someone got a hold of them and decided to publish them. Buck has small thumbnails on his site.

In any case you can get them from other sources.

I won't tell anyone how to go and download them from the usual sources of copyrighted material because well you know that would be copyright infringement.

But I'm sure a smart ham can use his/her head.

73 was a good read back in the day, and still is. Not that I was around "back in the day" but I have read some back issues.

Wayne is an interesting fellow. Check out his blog at www.waynegreen.com.