spc
Search similar:

uniqs
snedo
join:2008-07-20
Hilliard, OH

snedo

Flaky service in Columbus Ohio?

Internet and TV were out last night around 8 pm, came back up around 1 am but ever since I keep losing connection every 5 minutes...and have to reboot everything. Anyone else having this problem?
gene32
join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

gene32

said by snedo:

Internet and TV were out last night around 8 pm, came back up around 1 am but ever since I keep losing connection every 5 minutes...and have to reboot everything. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm over in Reynoldsburg and other than the fiber cut from last week (or the week before?), service has been rock solid since I came back to the WOW family about 3 months ago.

Losing connection to the TV and internet or just internet? Do you own your own modem or rent theirs? Maybe it's a problem with your node.... maybe check with a few neighbors who have WOW and see if they're having the same problem.
snedo
Hilliard, OH

snedo

Are we having problems in Columbus? zip code is 43202

This is what I'm getting, currently 10:45 am right now.

Upload is great, as is the ping time, but the download is sad right now. Websites are loading so slowly...feels like dialup again! I'm on the 15/1 plan
anobix
join:2010-03-01
Columbus, OH

anobix

I'm not having any problems (43221 in Upper Arlington), I have 50/5 and even on my wireless I pulled 15/5 (using wireless G)
snedo
Hilliard, OH

snedo

Weird...

Problems are getting worse, I already rebooted my modem/router.

My modem is the Webstar supplied by WOW. I checked the signal levels can someone tell me if these are in spec?

Receive Power Level: -2.0 dBmV
Transmit Power Level: 39.8 dBmV
highfigh0
join:2007-01-15
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

Your levels look ok. Transmit could be a little higher but you should be ok with what you have. Have you called WOW?
snedo
Hilliard, OH

snedo

Not quite yet, I will when I get home from work. I was hoping if WOW_DAN could chime in and tell me if my area is having problems...

even on WOW's columbus speed test server I can't even get past .5 Mbps. Upload has been fine, seeing great results. 1.12 Mbps

nadams5755
join:2001-11-13
San Jose, CA

nadams5755 to snedo

to snedo
try replacing the ethernet cable between you and the modem/router? if you have one, try bypassing your router for diagnostics?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to snedo

Premium Member

to snedo
said by snedo:

Not quite yet, I will when I get home from work. I was hoping if WOW_DAN could chime in and tell me if my area is having problems...

even on WOW's columbus speed test server I can't even get past .5 Mbps. Upload has been fine, seeing great results. 1.12 Mbps

I can take a look at your account if you can provide me with the account number or the phone number on the account. There are no global or widespread issues anywhere currently.