spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Duckbacker
join:2005-06-16
Nesconset, NY

Duckbacker

I guess they did an upgrade

I got an email a few days ago informing me that CV was going to do an upgrade on my Internet service. Yesterday I got a recorded phone call reminding me it was coming. Last night at 1:00A.M. my Internet service went down the way they said it might. This is what I'm getting today and it's been like this all day, even now with the kids home from school. I'm supposed to be getting 50/15 service. I've never gotten over 40 Mbps down. I've been getting 7-8 Mbps up all along. To tell the truth 2Mbps or 200 Mbps up doesn't make any difference to me. Almost 59 Mbps down with the kids home from school is outstanding.
ansky088
join:2005-07-11
North Brunswick, NJ

ansky088

Boost Plus, which I assume you have, is 50/8. That's besides the point though.
Duckbacker
Nesconset, NY

Duckbacker

My contract reads 50/15. Like I said, I don't care about that. I'm happy with 2 Mbps. Anything above that is wasted on me. I'm just stunned at the increase in download speed.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by Duckbacker:

My contract reads 50/15.

If it does, somebody lied to you. And CV has contracts?

There are only 4 speed tiers right now:

15/2 (Basic), 30/5 (grandfathered Boost or BOOL), 50/8 (Boost+), 101/15 (Ultra).

Your speeds show you have Boost+ (provisioned around 60/8).

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to Duckbacker

Premium Member

to Duckbacker
said by Duckbacker:

My contract reads 50/15. Like I said, I don't care about that. I'm happy with 2 Mbps. Anything above that is wasted on me. I'm just stunned at the increase in download speed.

What contract? No such thing.
Duckbacker
Nesconset, NY

1 recommendation

Duckbacker

My price is guaranteed for two years. I'm guaranteed a few other things like free Starz, Encore, a DVR for a year and a free Ipod Touch. It's in writing and I had to sign it. I call that a contract. If they violate it, I can sue them and I will win. The only thing the contract requires of me is that I pay the bill. I didn't guarantee them anything and I can walk away at anytime. That doesn't mean it's not a contract.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by Duckbacker:

My price is guaranteed for two years. I'm guaranteed a few other things like free Starz, Encore, a DVR for a year and a free Ipod Touch. It's in writing and I had to sign it. I call that a contract. If they violate it, I can sue them and I will win. The only thing the contract requires of me is that I pay the bill. I didn't guarantee them anything and I can walk away at anytime. That doesn't mean it's not a contract.

There is no service plan with 50/15, so you have either misinformed or you misremember the speeds offered. But you are getting over your full DL speeds, so your speeds definitely look great.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31 to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
Bronx news:
A tech tells me my section of the Bronx (NW) is scheduled "for maintenance" during Christmas week. I never got the email but did get an automated phone call.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to Duckbacker

Anon

to Duckbacker
said by Duckbacker:

My contract reads 50/15.

I never signed anything from CV stating the Internet speeds. I know what they are, but I never signed anything that states the speeds.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31

Click for full size
4 count 'em, 4!
Looks like they upgraded sooner than I expected. This is sweet!

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to Duckbacker

Premium Member

to Duckbacker
said by Duckbacker:

My price is guaranteed for two years. I'm guaranteed a few other things like free Starz, Encore, a DVR for a year and a free Ipod Touch. It's in writing and I had to sign it. I call that a contract.

But there is no 50/15 tier.. So if you are saying thats in your contract, I call bullshit. Pictures (with redacted personal info), or it never happened.