Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

frankenfeet
934 is 10-8
Premium
join:2001-10-14
Smiths Grove, KY

[Need Info] Insight merger with Time Warner. Expectations?

Just read a local news story that said Insight is expected to merge with Time Warner next year. I've been with Insight for probably 15 years now. I'm just wondering what we, as customers, can expect in the transition.
--
ƒ ƒ € †

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
Higher prices! Lower level of service! The same type of things you normally see after a buyout.

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Let's see, No NFL Network, HDNET, and the rest of the channels that we enjoy now that are not carried by TWC that Insight has will be dropped in the comming months.

Steve73

join:2008-08-11
Jeffersonville, IN
said by rjbasye:

Let's see, No NFL Network, HDNET, and the rest of the channels that we enjoy now that are not carried by TWC that Insight has will be dropped in the comming months.

Do you know that to be a fact or just speculating?

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Time Warner Cable
said by Steve73:

said by rjbasye:

When TWC bought out Newwave Communications, they lost channels that Next wave had contracts for and TWC did not. HD NET NFL Network was among the channels they lost.

»jakesdtvblog.blogspot.com/2011/1···hio.html

Steve73

Jeffersonville, IN
said by rjbasye:

said by Steve73:

said by rjbasye:

When TWC bought out Newwave Communications, they lost channels that Next wave had contracts for and TWC did not. HD NET NFL Network was among the channels they lost.

»jakesdtvblog.blogspot.com/2011/1···hio.html

Thanks for the information. My theory is, they take away channels and they lose my business.

Zig

join:2008-11-20
Lexington, KY
reply to frankenfeet
Does anyone know if they have announced a date yet of when the changeover to Time Warner will occur?

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Nothing yet, up here techs are saying March/Spring 2012 wearing TWC shirts.

internet

join:2011-10-25
reply to frankenfeet
Anyone got any good information on when Time Warner will complete the Insight deal and take over?

Steve73

Jeffersonville, IN
said by internet:

Anyone got any good information on when Time Warner will complete the Insight deal and take over?

Spoke with customer service couple weeks ago and they said probably late February or March.

And for us NFL fans, NO NFL Network.........

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to frankenfeet
I know some arnt excited about how this is all playing out, but at least we will get access to "more" selection when TWC eats us. I like the prospect of adding RR Mobile/ TWC 4G (resold Clear), a better WHDVR (compared to the Pace garbage) and FINNALY having access to HD only box, as well as the Signature Home package may save us a lil.

airguy

join:2012-01-08
Lexington, KY
reply to frankenfeet
I hope we don't experience the monthly bandwidth caps like some are in other parts of the country. If so, hello DSL.

smashcraft
Premium
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Insight Communic..
depending on your area, DSL might be capped as well. If you have AT&T in your area, they cap their DSL at 150gb/monthly and 250gb/month with uverse. I see you are from Lexington, so not sure if ATT services your area...it might be Windstream. not sure what they do, if they cap at all

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
said by smashcraft:

If you have AT&T in your area, they cap their DSL at 150gb/monthly and 250gb/month with uverse.

While they have a stated cap on uverse they have no way of enforcing it if you have another service and Internet. They have no way at this time to determine which traffic is for which service so they cannot enforce the cap!

smashcraft
Premium
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Insight Communic..
Good to know. I wasn't sure what they have been doing since I left them last April. I was leaving when they started discussing the caps, but the portal to check usage online was still undergoing maintenance. I was a little upset with the caps because I had to go to their VOIP service for fear I would go over my cap by using a broadband internet phone service.