spc
uniqs

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight to moes

to moes

Re: BBC World News

You'll get more Brit comedies on PBS than BBCA, unless you consider BBC news, Star Trek Generations, Top Gear, Dr. Who, The Tudors and Gordon Ramsy as comedy. That's about all that's on this channel. Check your Comcast Guide for program listings.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

heh I have been checking and they have a few funny things on there and they have top gear too lol.
moes

moes to Streetlight

Premium Member

to Streetlight
well only british comedies I want to watch are the older ones, like "are you being served" which hardly ever runs on pbs anymore.

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight

said by moes:

well only british comedies I want to watch are the older ones, like "are you being served" which hardly ever runs on pbs anymore.

moes,

You're right. The old British comedies are great. It looks to me that what you see depends on your location. Here in Colorado, Rocky Mountain PBS (RMPBS) shows only a single Brit comedy two or three times per week. Haven't seen Are You Being Served for years. Keeping up Appearances seems to be shown occasionally. They start with episode 1 and continue to the end. We visit my in-laws in Iowa a couple of times a year and PBS there has about five different comedies per week - cycling through one episode of each comedy per week. Are You Being Served is generally one of them.

Most of the regulars on Are You Being Served have passed away. Young Mr. Grace (Harold Bennett, 1899–1981), Mr Harmon (Arthur English, 1919–1995), Mr. Mash (Larry Martyn, 1934–1994), Mr. Grainger (Arthur Brough, 1905–1978), Mr. Goldberg (Alfie Bass, 1916–1987), Old Mr. Grace (Kenneth Waller, 1927–2000), Mr. Grossman (Milo Sperber, 1911–1992), Mrs. Slocombe (Mollie Sugden, 1922–2009), Mr. Humphries (John Inman, 1935–2007), Miss Brahms (Wendy Richard, 1943–2009), and Mr. Lucas (Trevor Bannister, 1934–2011) are now gone. Of the other major players, Mr. Peacock (Frank Thornton, 1921 - ) and Mr. Rumbold (Nicholas Smith, 1934 - ) are still with us.