Owen Sound, ON

DKS to 18172841

to 18172841

Re: Hyper 212+/evo vs corsair H series.

2600K stock temps with H60 cooler
Click for full size
About as hot as I want to get...
said by 18172841:

look at the load %.... 0 with current temps of 67C the SAME as max... the program was also only running 9 seconds...

But seeing as it says core i7 - 0.00 mhz is likely is reading stuff wrong...

Old version of Realtemp. Above is my current system.
18172841 (banned)
join:2001-10-06
Lagrangeville, NY

18172841 (banned)

Um, your CPU is overclocked TOO high dude "LOG" means you hit the thermal trip... no go bro.

You need to turn that down like asap...

And um not directed at any one person, we need to know WHAT stress test was used to get the listed numbers or they are semi useless... different things make different heat 100% is not 100%.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

AI Suite Overclock
said by 18172841:

Um, your CPU is overclocked TOO high dude "LOG" means you hit the thermal trip... no go bro.

And um not directed at any one person, we need to know WHAT stress test was used to get the listed numbers or they are semi useless... different things make different heat 100% is not 100%.

ROTFL! The "LOG" simply means that it hit the point where the chip starts to throttle, nothing more. Risky? Perhaps. But it simply means that the chip throttle has cut in. It's a self-protective measure built into all Intel chips. I understand that there is a large margin for error built in by Intel. Intel itself has run a 2600K running 4.9 Ghz on air.

I use the AIDA64 Extreme Edition stress test. I did some playing around with the ASUS AI Suite last night, letting it set the overclock (it went to 4.9 Ghz and dropped back to what you see above) and then I ran AIDA64 for 90 minutes. You can see the results above. And all that is with the H60 cooler.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

rusdi to 18172841

MVM

to 18172841
said by 18172841:

I can't speak for DKS See Profile, but the purpose of posting the screen shots, and the info was to inform the OP, and perhaps give some idea what they can expect with the H60 on their i5 2500K in an overclocked situation, and in a non-OCd condition. The i5, (OCd) should perform, very much like the i7 (OCd) with an H60.

As DKS See Profile has indicated, these Intel chips "throttle" when approaching "TJ Max" condition. Unlike some AMD chips which would just stop working when Max temps are hit.

The "stress test" in my example is a program I run called Folding @ home. It will run the CPU, (all cores) @ 100% to simulate proteins "folding" in an accelerated scientific scenario. It runs 24/7/365, and NO SHIT "stresses" the CPU @ 100%, constantly @ whatever clock is set.
Expand your moderator at work