uniqs
share rss forum feed

CR_Client

join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA
reply to IowaMan

Re: [MN] History channel HD turned in to encore action HD

said by IowaMan:

Well now.. This has me reconsidering.... May Now get a Tivo with a CableCard Hmmm... Will this happen soon or when ALL areas are digital?

My area as you stated is February of 2012.

I would guess it would be when ALL areas are digital, as Cedar Rapids has been all-digital for almost a year (or is it over a year? I can't even keep track of the days of the week any more, for crying out loud), and still no Family HD over QAM unless you switch to ImOn, which is available to maybe 20% of the city, if even that much.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Albert Einstein

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
I would say your right due to how analog and digital are completely different

About ImOn, Does the QAM over HD include any "Guide Info" as the locals on Mediacom do However, another poster stated that it was probably due to the fact that Mediacom is simply taking the OTA ATSC signal and sending it over there system.

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
reply to CR_Client
>which is available to maybe 20% of the city, if even that much.

ImOn has overbuilt over 60% of Cedar Rapids, where did you get the figure you provided? They have avoided building out the ghetto (read: SE side), so if that's where you live I can see the confusion.

Despite what you SE'rs think though, the SE does not make up 80% of the city.

CR_Client

Cedar Rapids, IA
said by OldCableGuy :

>which is available to maybe 20% of the city, if even that much.

ImOn has overbuilt over 60% of Cedar Rapids, where did you get the figure you provided? They have avoided building out the ghetto (read: SE side), so if that's where you live I can see the confusion.

Despite what you SE'rs think though, the SE does not make up 80% of the city.

Nope, I live on the NE side; not in the ghetto, not out near Palo, just on the plain-jane NE side. But thanks for playin'...
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Albert Einstein

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
NE side? So besides 15th to 19th st on B Ave what other areas don't have ImOn? What Hy-Vee do you live by over there... the Ghetto -Vee???

CR_Client

Cedar Rapids, IA
The entire neighborhood surrounding Daniels Park and Mount Mercy University, which are hardly in "the ghetto", are un-served by ImOn, except for the college itself, of course.

So, no, not the Ghetto-Vee, the Oakland Vee, but south of 29th.

If ImOn had a build-out map for people to look at, instead of an imperfect address locator, it would likely be a lot easier to tell where they did/didn't service.
--

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
Calling BS.

Almost all of that area is overbuilt, I lived on 25th St and had ImOn service (called McLeodUSA ATS back then) for multiple years around 96-98. In fact that entire area was one of the very first they built out.