spc
Search similar:

uniqs
coldinhere
join:2011-12-22
Plainfield, IL

coldinhere

Newly Installed American Standard Furnace

I Just installed a AS Furnace . The LED Light lit up for a second then went out then turned on again then nothing . Only lit up for 2-3 seconds at most .

I Jumped the Red and White Nothing I Jumped the door switch nothing . Then the light came on all of a sudden What gives I am Baffled ????

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member
join:2011-06-11

OZZY7

Premium Member

Gas? Oil? Model #?
coldinhere
Plainfield, IL

coldinhere

Gas and checked the breaker and the 3 amp fuse is fine , This furnace is brand new never ran !
coldinhere

coldinhere to OZZY7

to OZZY7
Dont know model number Builders model American Standard Gas Furnace Im not near the furnace now

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to coldinhere

Mod

to coldinhere
Please post the model number. A pic of the wiring diagram may also help.
coldinhere
Plainfield, IL

coldinhere

Im not at the furnaces location right now . Im guessing its either the transformer or the Mother Board

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

SandShark5

Premium Member

"2 Flashes = System Lockout (No Flame) Check line polarity".

Reverse the hot and neutral wires.

iknow
@optonline.net

iknow to coldinhere

Anon

to coldinhere
it could take a bit for the air in the lines to be expelled, unless the installer purged the lines already.
iknow

iknow

Anon

said by iknow :

it could take a bit for the air in the lines to be expelled, unless the installer purged the lines already.

be careful though!. »www.csb.gov/assets/docum ··· 2_09.pdf

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

1 recommendation

SandShark5 to iknow

Premium Member

to iknow
said by iknow :

I believe you're on to something. After doing some more checking, the polarity fault code is usually six flashes, not two. Two flashes usually means system lockout (retries or recycles exceeded), so air in the gas lines could very likely be the issue with the OP's furnace. Good catch.