All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich

Only problem is it can only go upto 4meg for wifi

The only problem with this WSBD it can only go upto 4meg for wifi so it might not be good for wisp's. Because the future everything will be broadband heavy requiring 3+ meg download.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Expect to see gear with faster speeds faster than 4mbps.

treich

treich

I would say other 2 years before you see that it happen because that happen to the wimax 3.65Ghz system.

klkjkljlkj
@cox.net

klkjkljlkj to treich

Anon

to treich
4 actual mbps or likely 3?, seems like it would be fine for low-level internet users a la dsl

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix to treich

to treich
I think this is for low bandwidth communications over moderate distances, probably not line of site either.

treich

treich

Again like I said in the future this will not work since everything will be broadband heavy because of all the stuff is in the works and stuff.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin to treich

to treich
said by treich:

The only problem with this WSBD it can only go upto 4meg for wifi so it might not be good for wisp's. Because the future everything will be broadband heavy requiring 3+ meg download.

This is the 1st generation stuff. Carlson Wireless already has a TVWS device that will go up to 12 megs in a single channel. Start bonding multiple channels together and the speed will increase quickly, especially if the FCC allows them to use the full channel width on overlapping channels.

treich

treich

But again it probably take 2 years before the public like us wisp can even use the space just like how the wimax took forever to get released to wisp's. So I would say its going to be a dead technology just like how BPL was.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to treich

Premium Member

to treich
said by treich:

Good for those stuck with satellite but not much more.

treich

treich

people will still be on satellite there buddy because I can see this will be a dead technology just like how the bpl was.