To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to binkleym

Premium Member

to binkleym

Re: Would love to try it!

I would love to give this a try also. I would be able to get a TWC connection less then a mile away from me and bridge it over to me. I see people complaining about it being slow but 3mbps could do wonders to rural communities.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys

If I could get 3mb all the time 24/7 i'm in cause on 3g i'm lucky if I get 100 kbps on average.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to Duramax08

to Duramax08
If it's line-of-site, why wait? There are existing point-to-point wireless bridges. They aren't terribly expensive (~$1,000) and they'll easily bridge several miles at 100Mbps full duplex. A quick Google revealed this possibility: »www.gridconnect.com

I'll bet more searching would find something even cheaper.

If you are technically inclined, you could also get by on the cheap by using high power 802.11 devices coupled with high-gain, directional antennas. Check out this site for high power equipment: »www.engeniustech.com

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

Line of site is whats kicking my ass right now due to the terrain. I think this new device that just got approved doesnt need LOS. Thanks for the links, ill look into them.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Check out their 900mhz bridge. It might do the trick. It doesn't need LOS. The lower frequency will penetrate obstacles. It still won't go through a bluff/mountain but it might bounce around a few hills.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to bcltoys

Premium Member

to bcltoys
said by bcltoys:

If I could get 3mb all the time 24/7 i'm in cause on 3g i'm lucky if I get 100 kbps on average.

sounds like you're on cricket broadband.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys

Nope Verizon/Millenicom.