spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JDmailNY
join:2007-12-02
Pearl River, NY

JDmailNY

[CCNA] Getting Cisco Books with answers

I am learning Cisco on my own, and I purchased there lab books which don't have answers to the labs. How can I purchase the Instructors manual. Cisco press will not let me. thanks
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

When you say lab books, do you mean the simulators only?

To get my CCNA, I purchased the Cisco CCNA Simulator Edition. It includes the ICND1 and 2 books, and a Java-based network sim that you install on the computer.

The books cover all topics as pertinent for the course and the answers are found in the answer appendix at the end, the simulator gives you the answers on each lab at the bottom of the PDF it opens when you start a lab. The simulator also has a "Grade Lab" button that tells you what commands you missed, if any, and if you entered more commands than the lab required to finish it successfully.

The CDs that come with the books include a Boson test environment installer and license. You want to install this on your computer to take practice exams. It's a helpful way to keep the lessons fresh in your mind and gets you used to the test interface that Cisco uses in the real exam.
JDmailNY
Pearl River, NY

JDmailNY

I have been using packet tracer along with labs, which I think is good also. I am going to try and stay that route. Thanks Just the Same
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

Everyone studies differently, but in my opinion the books were very useful in my studies. I relied heavily on the sections of the book that the author marked important and in the practice exams. Interestingly, I hardly used the simulators or my home lab except for practicing some of the concepts that I had difficulty understanding or personally found interesting.

I may be what many consider a paper CCNA but without funds to build myself a real lab and a position at my job that centers mainly on Windows server administration, I often find myself staring at their 1841's and 3750's with sadness.:(
JDmailNY
Pearl River, NY

JDmailNY

Ya know what Network Guy it really does not have to be that way, what you "could" do is donate your time to I guess a oranization that teaches job skills and see if you use what you have learned and teach others. You could try and get them to purchase some live equipment. These kinds of skills could help alot of people. I found that as I go on in life skills that I have and I have also ignored could be taught to someone else and this could put a very big smile on their face and yours. God Bless and have a Great Day, and of course thanks so much for th help and direction you have given me.