Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
reply to Stem Bolt

Re: SOPA Protest/Awareness Event

Wow, only 21k? I heard it was 10k in the first hour, climbing to over 100k. I wonder if that 21k is just what GoDaddy's reporting publicly or if CNet has another, more trustworthy, source for this information.

MVS7
Premium
join:2005-04-18
That article is only counting the number of domains that switched from GoDaddy's default DNS servers (domaincontrol.com) to another DNS provider, so it's not a very accurate picture of the number of transfers out. This site isn't 100% accurate either, but it's much closer:
»www.webhosting.info/registrars/r···ADDY.COM

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
·SONIC.NET
Ahh, so then they couldn't know the number of domains transferred, anyway. I've ever had a transfer involving GD (in or out, doesn't matter) take less than a business week to complete; so, there's no was one could count transfers this early based on that method.

Edit: Just looked at that link and... Hrmm... Seems that as their total domains decreases, their market share increases. To me, that says a lot of people, more than are registering new domains and regardless of registrar, are letting their domains just expire. We'll see what this week's numbers say, when they come out.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that until today.