spc
uniqs
voipnpots
join:2011-10-13
USA

voipnpots to RobXMiller

to RobXMiller

Re: [Rant] Comcast - worst web e-mail on market bar none - WHY

I currently use an IMAP4 cloud-based email client, but used an @comcast.net email prior to switching. The main reason I switched was to get an IMAP4 email system. I used my own email client program. I rarely used the web-based system to check my emails; I only did that when I needed to on another computer.

As far as what you're saying, it did seem a little unstable when I used it. It was saving a draft every minute, but sometimes the "draft saved" box would not disappear for a while. And the advertisements all over the place are annoying. But overall, I did not have any issue with my Comcast email. My family also uses an @comcast.net email, and they've had no problems.

Also, to think about switching simply because of email problems on Comcast's web interface seems to be a little overboard! If you enjoy the Comcast services you are subscribing to, I would just stick with them and complain about it by writing to them. By switching to another provider, your email may be working the way you want it to, but the services themselves could go down a notch!

If you want your complaint to be heard, I would send them a professional letter, and if enough people do it, they may very well look into it.

Also, I have wondered why Comcast hasn't taken the time to update the look of their guide for their TV/box services. It looks like it came out of the Windows XP era, and is not in HD!

PGHammer
join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

PGHammer

There are standalone e-mail clients that support both POP3 and IMAP4 - Outlook 2007 and later is a perfect example. I've used Outlook (Windows and OS X) as my preferred e-mail client both with Comcast and GMail (which uses IMAP4 by default) since I first got a GMail account (while GMail also supports POP3, which I in fact, set up, the default is IMAP4 - which Outlook 2010 for Windows and 2011 for OS X picked up *correctly*).

From what I've seen with the two mail systems, each has its quirks.