how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cnj1981

join:2010-03-12
Franklin Park, NJ

[HD] Comcast Central NJ HD upgades??

does anyone have information about when we're slated to get the newer HD's that Monmouth and Union have? News 12 NJ HD looks pretty sweet.... i've called comcast a few times and no one knows anything.

i'd love to switch back to comcast since fios won't add fios 1 news or the philly locals after all these years. this would sweeten the pot if i knew these HD's were coming soon along with anyroom dvr.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1
Comcast's initial plan is to finish upgrading the entire Freedom region, which consists of NJ, the Philly suburbs, northern Delaware, and of course Philadelphia, by the end of the first quarter of 2012. Your area has to have the limited basic analog channels removed first before you can get the new channels. I know that Comcast has done work both in the Union system as well as the NW system[soon to be finished there]. So your system may not be far behind and will be done soon. Hang in there.

cnj1981

join:2010-03-12
Franklin Park, NJ
reply to cnj1981
i always found it strange too that comcast of cnj doesn't have WGN either.

can anyone confirm that comcast is now using 2-in-1 modem/routers similar to fios? a customer care rep (who i thought was local and was in the caribbean) said that's what we all use now. i couldn't help but chuckle thinking that ms. cleo found herself a new job... lol

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
my area doesnt have wgn either.

Dan A

join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit
reply to cnj1981
cnj1981 Comcast of Central New Jersey had WGN from the time my parents got cable in 1983 (as Storer Cable) up until around the end of 1998 when they (Comcast of Cetntral New Jersey) decided to drop it. I never understood why Comcast dropped it here only to add it on the Union system (who had never carried it before) a year or two later.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to cnj1981
WGN on Comcast varies by system. Some, like Monmouth, have it and some, like Ocean, do not. One possible reason for that is Comcast has to fit in all the NY area sports channels. Most other metro area have only one or two sports channels, while the NY area has at least four full time sports channels and two extra part time overflow channels.

CableJack75

@comcast.net
reply to cnj1981
From what I heard, the new HD and SD channels including News 12 NJ HD will be launched in the Central NJ system somewhere in the March / April timeframe once the 20 remaining analog channels are dropped.

Dan A

join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ
Why does Comcast of Central New Jersey seem to de taking their time before getting rid of the 20 or so remaining analog channels between 2 and 29? I would think that most subscribers must have upgraded to digital boxes of transport adapters by now. Their is not much left to get without them.

gwilliam

join:2010-03-20
reply to cnj1981
Is News 12 coming to South Jersey?

JCO65

Brick, NJ
Not likely. News 12 is primarily based for the Cablevision systems in North and Central NJ. It was made available to Comcast in exchange for the old CN8 channel, now Comcast Network, back in the late 1990's. News 12 rarely, if ever, travels south of Trenton.