Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean

MVM

Spartacus Vengeance Returns January 27, 2012

Game of Thrones returns April 2012 but we get Spartacus Vengeance is about 30 days. Maybe don’t Spin up those HD DVRs and HTPC just yet but don’t forget and be at the ready:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· mLksujSA

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I think our free year of Starz is expiring soon. My wife says we aren't going to pay for Starz, so we are out of watching the new season.

Unless netflix has it later, or blockbuster.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Netflix should have it within 24 hrs of it airing as they did with the other Spartacus projects

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I thought Netflix didn't renew with Starz. Because Starz wanted to much money.
»latimesblogs.latimes.com ··· nds.html
quote:
With 21.5 million Netflix streaming subscribers set to lose access to Starz's movies and television shows in February, the premium cable channel is planning a big digital push of its own in 2012.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Watching this!!!!

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Too bad but if that is the case then the first ep airing on January 27 th should be good to go at the very least as this is under the cited February deadline.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I think our free year of Starz is expiring soon. My wife says we aren't going to pay for Starz, so we are out of watching the new season.

Unless netflix has it later, or blockbuster.

It expires in march.
If you have blockbuster movie pass i'm pretty sure starz is one of the channels you get for free.
edit: link

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

As long as we are subscribed to Starz or other "premium" channs.

I have to log into Dishonline.com, and it goes by what you are paying for on your account.
Hence I can't stream HBO, or showtime, but I can stream Encore.

I do have Blockbuster moviepass. There is no streaming there. It's just DVDs and games.

I can "program"/rent programs from Dishonline.com, to appear on my receiver. But I'd need the right type of receiver and it has to be hooked up to the internet.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

I have blockbuster movie pass too. And what i meant was - It gives you 20 free channels as part of the instant streaming on your dvr.

Starz is one of those channels.

350-380(or whatever epix2 is)

Blockbuster has streaming - You do it directly through your box (if it has a broadband line). It sucks but it exists. I just saw a documentary on it 2 days ago.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I'm going to call Dish and see if I can get the sling box receiver.
Our current receiver, doesn't have a network connection.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Octavean

to Octavean
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
94365092 (banned)
join:2012-02-10

94365092 (banned) to Octavean

to Octavean
Spartacus Vengeance review and screenshots: »www.mmohunter.com/sparta ··· nce.html

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

It looks like they have replaced Lesley-Ann Brandt AKA Naevia with Cynthia Addai-Robinson.

»www.imdb.com/title/tt1442449/

Listing two actors for the same character in this case is likely due to the use of cut-scenes from a previous season.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

It looks like they have replaced Lesley-Ann Brandt AKA Naevia with Cynthia Addai-Robinson.

Listing two actors for the same character in this case is likely due to the use of cut-scenes from a previous season.

I noticed that too. Wasn't pleased with that at all. Any news on why?

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

My guess is that she was working on a project that she was contractually obligated to complete when they resumed work on Spartacus: Vengeance. For what its worth she was in 2012: Zombie Apocalypse with Ving Rhames which might have been a made for SciFi channel project (shudder).

She is an extraordinarily beautiful woman and exemplarity actor. I’m sorry to see she wont be in this season (as it seems). Losing original cast members is never good IMO.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

That really sucks. I did like Lesley's acting of Naevia..
Jay_

1 recommendation

Jay_ to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Anyone catch this last Friday's episode? Was a pretty epic episode!

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

Yes! It was damn good. I'm glad the one douche took the spear. I hated him since the first season.

Jay_
Premium Member
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

The pervert? Forget his name now... I actually liked him! I thought he was hilarious.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Jay_

Premium Member

to Jay_
said by Jay_:

Anyone catch this last Friday's episode? Was a pretty epic episode!

Yeah. It felt like Blood and Sand again.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
said by Octavean:

Starz has such shitty contract terms. No other network would allow actors to just leave like this - They make them sign a 7 year contract.

Also, last episode was amazing. I don't like the new guy, he's trying too had to be manly and he's not able to pull it off. Good thing they brought back Gannicus.

Anybody know if this is the last season or there's more? I googled but didn't find anything.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Well if you’re familiar with the history and assuming the writers didn’t stray much from history there will be some more deaths and the introduction of some new characters before things go to conclusion. There will be some noteworthy defeats and noteworthy victories. I’m not sure they can get it all into the remainder of the season without giving it the bum’s rush or describing the historical events with a long wordy crawler at the end.

Jay_
Premium Member
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

I don't know if they've been officially picked up for more seasons but I'm sure the idea is to keep the show going for multiple seasons.

There is still A LOT of history to work through.. they've barely even skimmed the top yet.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Indeed but like BattleSatar Galactica there is a built in ending. The story has progressed considerably and the fugitive slaves were already in relatively close proximity to Mount Vesuvius. Specific events still need to take place but we are probably closer to the end then we are the beginning,….or at the very least somewhere close to the middle depending on how they embellish or drag it out,….

Jay_
Premium Member
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

I think this season will still be based around them growing their ranks. Releasing other slaves from this house and that house.

A lot of the major engagements between the rebellion and the Romans I think will be played out in a next season. Of course, this is just a guess and in no way do I have anything to back up that claim. lol..

I'll say this tho, I sure hope they go on for a few more seasons. I love this show!

Grimm

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean
I'm beginning to like the Praetor. It's about time he mans up and stops being a little vag.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

It looks like next week they are starting with the crucifixions. I usually associate this with the end of the story but clearly this isn’t the case.

StyxKee
join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

StyxKee to Octavean

to Octavean
How did Ashur walk without a limp? I thought that one of his leg was badly damaged, which could not heal properly.

Jay_
Premium Member
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

I believe it wasn't a permanent injury. Appears it has healed completely at this point. It would have most likely been a long long time since the injury he suffered from Crixus at this point.

Grimm

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean
New episode: HAHA NO FACE