Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to LocutusBorg

Premium Member

to LocutusBorg

Re: Spartacus Vengeance Returns January 27, 2012

Better acting but she looked hotter in s1.

This show definitely follows a pattern. Episodes 1-6 are excellent, but 7-12 become far better. The writers plan the story telling perfectly

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

1 recommendation

Jay_

Premium Member

Boy.. where's the spoiler alert on those pictures? lol

Great episode. Interested to see how they end the season next week.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean
sad weekend for me... i was mooching off a buddies xfinity for spartacus and his sub or whatever ran out mid-last week.

i r sad panda

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to LocutusBorg

Premium Member

to LocutusBorg
said by LocutusBorg:

Illithia Rocks!!!1

Take the pictures out! They are a blatant spoiler and actually spoiled it for me before I even saw the episode! »/r0/do ··· _ani.gif

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean

MVM

The pictures didn’t bother me even though I didn’t see the last episode. I was two episodes behind and finally caught up last night. Two great episodes IMO. For what its worth, a you tube link (if you can find one) would serve the same purpose as the pictures but wouldn’t act as a spoiler if given fair warning.

Anyway, the story is progressing nicely. I look forward to its return, whenever that might be,….

For now I look forward to the premiere of “Game of Thrones” on April 1st.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean
Found a way to see friday's episode. B.A. as usual and I'm thoroughly excited to see tomorrow's episode.
said by Alcohol:

Better acting but she looked hotter in s1.

While, for most of the season I'd agree with you, the part where she was on the balcony and Lucretia sees her back at the ludus for the first time, all I could think of was how pretty she looked in her all white attire and platinum blonde hair.
Grimm

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean
I'm surprised no one mentioned the season finale. Damn was it a good ending!

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Spoilers below. Posting from tablet so can't be bothered to use tags..

Spoiler

Finale was as expected although I thought it was well done. Disappointed to see doctore get killed, he was great. The show won't be the same without him and xena.

Next season we get to meet ceaser so I can see why they want to reduce the main characters and focus on spartacus army vs ceasers.

Only 10 episode for this season.. was not expecting that. Just got used to the new Spartacus.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

Jay_

Premium Member

Great finale indeed.

I'm a bit sad to see Lucretia go as she did an amazing job playing that role. She was devious and always seemed to have plans for everything. She went out in a blaze of glory. The whole thing with her carving out the baby and falling off the cliff with it? Was very dark and fitting an end to her character's dark and disturbed season.

I was also sad to see Ashur get killed. I didn't like him in the first season but in this one, he came into his own. The way he forced himself on Lucretia and elevated his status with Glabber was great. The actor did an amazing job with that role.

Of course the down side to any good finale? Waiting for the next season to begin...

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

LOL, I completely spaced on the finale. I thought the episode “Monsters” that aired on 3/23/12 was the finale. I looked on my Windows 7 Media Center system under recorded TV and there it was “Wrath of the Gods” in all its HD glory.

Going to watch it tonight

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Great Ending!!!

Got mixed feelings about some of it though.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Season 3 will be the last, Starz announces.

»www.thewrap.com/tv/artic ··· -3-42561

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
Not surprising I guess.

There is a built in ending due to the history and there isn’t much left to cover. Basically there is a series of battles remaining, won and lost on both sides. Reinforcements on both sides to a degree. There was a brief threat of Rome itself coming under attack by the slaves as forces were divided and trying to herd the rebel slave forces. However, this was more likely a result of the slaves having their escape route cut off and having to double back. Betrayal as some slaves try to buy passage (escape) on a ship. Divided slave forces,….

Death on a massive scale at the end. Mass crucifixions,….

Basically, Spartacus was successful due to obvious military training (tactician) but much of his success was also due to the bulk of Roman forces being away on campaigns. Once Roman forces started to return there was little hope.

The way I hear it, the body of Spartacus was never found,….

Either way, he died free so I guess that was a victory,….

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Octavean

to Octavean
I think it's a good thing to end it now.

Without Batiatus and now no more Lucy Lawless the show will be very different. Making it the last season will give it its own purpose.