spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blackopsl421

join:2011-12-27

[General] Some type of vault in yard.

Some construction company put a fiberglass vault in my yard. In front of it there is a pole that says Level 3 Communications. Don't dig here. Then on the inside there is two tubes: Blue and Orange. Inside the orange there is fiber. the other is empty. Now at the end of the fiber there is a latch type thing or a lock. I know this expands for about 25 miles and then just ends. What is it? Please help. Oh and it says on top of the lid:
LEVEL 3
TIER 15
QUARTZITE

Killa200
Premium
join:2005-12-02
Southeast TN

Picture would help, but it sounds like a splice hand hole. Being it is for Level 3, its doubtful it will benefit anyone but a business or other provider as far as the fiber's use.

blackopsl421

I have no picture, however the installers of it said i would be a super fast consumer internet service. Do you think it would be Google Fiber?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by blackopsl421:

Do you think it would be Google Fiber?

Hard to say without knowing where you're located.

Did you grant Level3 an easement to place the vault in your yard?
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

blackopsl421

No. They just did it. And the crew was from Virginia. But the ones who blew the fiber were different and had no company name. However it is within 15 feet from my house so I know it is legal.

Expand your moderator at work