spc
uniqs

sdofi
@verizon.net

sdofi to rev I

Anon

to rev I

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

This is all great news. The best of both wired and wireless standards.

I just had FiOS Internet installed recently. My promo included a free rev F router.

I just got my first bill and it seems as if the router is treated as a sale rather than a monthly rental like the STBs are. I was charged $79.99 for the router and also received a 100% price discount on the router.

So does this mean that these routers can't be exchanged at the local Verizon store like the STBs can be?

I would like to be able to walk into a VZ store in a few weeks and swap my rev F for a rev I.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by sdofi :

So does this mean that these routers can't be exchanged at the local Verizon store like the STBs can be?

I think the FiOS stores are TV-centric when it comes to equipment.

Quick check: has anybody walked in to a FiOS store to swap out a bad router of any model?

Sdofi
@verizon.net

Sdofi

Anon

The Verizon stores sells and accepts returns for DSL products as well.
While this does not necessarily mean that they can do exchanges for DSL products.
If rev I is the new general release FiOS router then I think alot of us are very interested in upgrading to the gigabit switching and newer wireless N features. Especially if it is free.
So can anybody confirm (or deny) doing a FiOS router exchange at a Verizon store?

Fireguyy
join:2006-10-01

Fireguyy

said by Sdofi :

The Verizon stores sells and accepts returns for DSL products as well.
While this does not necessarily mean that they can do exchanges for DSL products.
If rev I is the new general release FiOS router then I think alot of us are very interested in upgrading to the gigabit switching and newer wireless N features. Especially if it is free.
So can anybody confirm (or deny) doing a FiOS router exchange at a Verizon store?

The supply is limited so it's only being given out on new installs. If you can't wait and want it now you can call to purchase one. They cannot be exchanged at the Verizon store, any dropships will be replaced with a like for like until lack of inventory requires replacement with the rev. I