All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
soniko
join:2007-10-24
Hamilton, ON

soniko

moving to a new apartment. 2 phone jacks(rogers vs bell)....

hello, i am moving to a new apartment. and planning how to put the furnitures.... however. there are two demarcation phone jack in my apartment. one with Rogers sticker on it..with two jacks.
on the other side.. there is a bell phone jack...
i have subscribed bell internet services +phone..just wondering..will bell uses rogers' jacks to provide the services? because the bell's jack is pretty far away from the living room.....close to the kitchen:(....
jyeung
inspiration reality
Premium Member
join:2004-03-30
North York, ON

jyeung

Premium Member

Whereabouts is this apartment? Is this a former Futureway serviced property? Rogers doesn't provide service over phone lines any more in Ontario as far as I am aware. All the ex-Callnet and ex-Futureway stuff is decommissioned.

It is likely that Bell can wire all your jacks up to their service though.

- Jason
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

LondonOntGuy to soniko

to soniko
Don't get Hell, whatever you do. Go with TekSavvy. Half the price and 3 cents a minute long distance.

Anonnn
@bell.ca

Anonnn

Anon

Vonage + a cordless phone?
Never worry about long-distance ever again!

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc to soniko

to soniko
said by soniko:

hello, i am moving to a new apartment. and planning how to put the furnitures.... however. there are two demarcation phone jack in my apartment. one with Rogers sticker on it..with two jacks

The Rogers outlet is probably for home phone through cable. They provide wiring from the cable modem into the phone lines in the home so you can plug in a phone anywhere on the phone lines. Sounds like someone who lived there before had one jack installed for their home phone on Rogers in a convenient place.

Look for a proper demarc box outside or in another central location where the phone lines come into the building. From that point, the Bell and Rogers lines can be switched or joined to use the jack you want.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable to soniko

Anon

to soniko
Bell would do the minimum thing it needs to do for not having to show up. BHell tech sometimes don't even show up. ;P

Unless you have higher tiers of internet that require their presence, they would flip a switch on their computer and connect you... guess what?... to Bell's demarc.
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

xtachx to Anonnn

to Anonnn
said by Anonnn :

Vonage + a cordless phone?
Never worry about long-distance ever again!

Too costly. Voip.ms costs about $3 and vonage costs $30.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Their long distance rates:
USA 48 @ 1.05¢ per minute ($0.0105)
Canada starting as low as ½ ¢ per minute ($0.0052)
USA/Canada Premium tier-1 @ 1.25¢ per minute ($0.0125)

Makes me glad ours is free.

Inbound calls from $0.01 / Toll free: $0.024

"$10 with us gives you about 1000 minutes to USA and over 2000 to some parts of Canada. Check out our rates and you'll see."
--no limit to ours