All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
volney
join:2011-12-27

volney

D-Link DI 640 Doesn't forward ports.

I don't know what's the problem. I've tried different firmwares and setting a Static DHCP. It doesn't let me forward a port no matter what, the only way it through utorrent who magically forwards a port with unpn or whatever it's called.

»i.imgur.com/b0RqR.png

Any ideas on what's happening?

The router is connected to 2 pc's and a modem.
volney

volney

Ok, so I connected directly to the modem, reset it, went into safe-mode and still all my ports are blocked... Now I'm really lost.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Need to contact your ISP and ask about the modem or there service blocking ports. Does the Modem have a built in router by chance?

Do you have any 3rd party firewalls or security programs running, turn them off temporarily and test.
volney

volney

My ISP said it can't be on their end because they haven't changed anything and the only ports they're blocking are not the ones I'm having trouble with. I don't have any AV's and my windows firewall is turned off.

My modem is a Touchstone TM502G and I don't believe it has a built-in router. If anyone has a theory on the problem please give me a solution to try...
volney

1 edit

volney

I think it's worth mentioning that after I reset the modem, canyouseeme.org is saying the connection is refused rather than timed out (via router).

Edit:Looks like it had nothing to do with the modem being restarted :/

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to volney

to volney
This is an Arris modem I believe or similar. Seen many issues with this modems. I don't care for them. LOL. Do you have Phone service with your ISP and this modem?

Need to log into the modems web page and see if it has a DMZ, if so, then input the IP address the 640 gets from the modem into the DMZ. This might help. The problem lies with the ISP Modem.

If you don't have any phone service with the ISP, I recommend getting yourself into a Motorola SB 6121 cable modem as it doesnt' have a built in router and is great for cable internet.
volney

2 edits

volney

How do I access my modem's web page? Does it even have one?

Yes I get phone service from the same modem.

Edit: Looks like I can't even access my modem web page by going to 192.168.100.1 ... I'm gonna try to ask Videotron for a replacement or something.

Edit2: So they said if my ports were blocked I couldn't even talk to them, which makes sense I guess. So what else could be the problem?

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Having 2 routers on the same line will definately cause connection issues. Your running into a double NAT here. And you won't get ports opened like you need them to be.

Heres info on accessing modems with routers:
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries

I have heard of some cable ISPs locking users out of the modems web page to so don't be surprised. I would connect directly to the ISP modem and see if you can get to the web page and log in if any.

If your getting phone service thru the modem then you are bound and required to use this particular modem. The only way to get your router connected and ports opened correctly is to try and see if you can use the DMZ, if this modem has one and put the routers IP address it gets from the modem into the DMZ.

If the modem does not have a DMZ, your best alternative would be to not use the external router and get your self a external network switch and connect everything to the switch and let the ISP modem handle your networking and Ip addressing services.

Lastly if you can give up the phone service from the ISP and use say a cell phone for services, then dump the ISP phone service and modem from the ISP and get your self into your own motorola SB 6121 modem thats a stand alone modem. Then you can connect up any external router to that. They are great modems. This is preferred. Understand that not everyone can do this either.
BimmerE38FN

BimmerE38FN

»www.practicallynetworked ··· _nat.htm
volney

volney

I still have the problem after buying a new router. Also, my modem doesn't have a built-in router.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to volney

to volney
What is the IP address your seeing for the WAN IP address on the router? 192.168 or a ##.##.###.###?

What router model did you get.
Any 3rd party firewall programs installed on the PC your working with?