spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ACanadian
@rogers.com

ACanadian

Anon

Don't be so quick to jump

I've read through all the comments above. Interesting back and forth. A couple of thoughts.

One part is the talk along the lines of "what about all the other exposure already there.. TV remotes, car key remotes.. ". Poor examples perhaps since those aren't the same as WiFi at all. They are directed, momentary signals, not 24/7 constant streams.

I was very impressed with the comment of DSLcreatre and CXM_Splicer. And people attacking Naterator simply because he decided to stop and consider.. "is there something more here?" is completely uncalled for. That guy is just doing what you should all be capable of doing - step outside your bias and ask yourself what do you really know with certainty about the safety of WiFi pounding your head, or the heads of developing children? Are you all research scientists that have already conducted studies into this? No? Then how do you know? Just because "you know"?

History is one of our best teachers, and it's shown us what we were -sure- we knew, had time and again, proven to be painfully wrong. Is it really so far fetched that we may be wrong about the health impacts of dumping new signals into the heads of our kids? Ourselves? I question it. I worry about it. I haven't stopped using my TV remote, or thrown away my cell phone yet. But I do wonder, am I being as foolish as someone lighting up a cigarette who said year after year "well, I've never seen any effects yet, can't be so!" only to come down later with some horrible cancer?

Just don't be so quick to jump the band wagon of all's-well. It is in the utmost interest of those who make the money from this stuff that the technology always be proven safe. Here in Canada, we were embarrassingly selling Asbestos to (India?) even until recent months because it was good money for some dirt bag here. They told their customer is was great stuff and completely safe, knowing it wasn't. History has many other examples. When money comes into play, to hell with public safety.

Naterator
@lifebridgehealth.org

Naterator

Anon

Well said and thanks, That is really the major point i was trying too bring up. It is easy to dismiss something as it makes our lives so much more enjoyable. I am no scientist, (maybe started to act like one . Too me it is common sense to question new events. And Wifi Distribution and cell usage is considered a new event as 20 years is not a whole lot of time in the big picture of things.

ACanadian
@rogers.com

ACanadian

Anon

I'd put it right up there with laser eye surgery. Far too soon to know. What's going to happen to these people's eye balls in another 25 or 30 years now that they've been "re-shaped" by cutting and laser etching? Retinal detachments? Eyes literally slipping out of socket? (because normally your eyes stay the same size all life long, but your face doesn't).

Mr Anon
@mchsi.com

Mr Anon to ACanadian

Anon

to ACanadian
Here is the issue:

You say, it could cause harm, get rid of it.
Others say, it won't, keep it.
The fact is, there is no proof either way.

My point is that you are tacking action based upon fear alone and the bases of the fear is very brittle. You are already bombarded by so much radiation in that frequency range, forget TV remotes (they are mostly IR anyway) Car alarm remotes (still think that's the wrong frequency but some motion sensors are reported to work on the 2.4 band).

There are much more devices that work in that range that you come in contact with every day, there is also a lot of noise in that and other bands, get a wispy device and take a look, not to mention you've been getting 1.5Ghz signals for a very long time now and add the icing that none of these use very much power.

P.S. My mother had laser surgery to reattach her retina and that had to have been over 10 years ago and her eyes still work fine.. as they did before.