uniqs
share rss forum feed

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to BosstonesOwn

Re: An LTE Network posed to be better then FIOS?

said by BosstonesOwn:

Let me guess "growing" pains.

Or relatively new network and the engineers are still working out the kinks. I'll admit though that network-wide outages don't seem to speak very well for the backend management of the network.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
I admit it looks bad for Verizon, but they are still more reliable for the things that matter like voice calls, I've never been in a situation where having data access was essential, they are definitely dropping the ball somewhere but with Verizon constantly pushing the fact that they have the biggest and most reliable network, to the point that it's the only attribute they push in advertising, other carriers will push the phones they get, I'm looking at you AT&T and hope they don't notice the issues with their network.

For that reason, I think Verizon will eventually work out the problems with the LTE network, though I do hope it's sooner rather than later.

It doesn't excuse the outages, but the reality is that merging two incompatible network technologies like Evdo with an EHRPD overlay and LTE is a tall order for any carrier, especially with LTE being so new.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Ok , but what happens when their grand scheme of moving voice to lte goes live and this fails again ?

Piss poor planning on their part becomes the customers problem ? I worked in the telecom game for a while. They treat it all as data, they took the cheap route and did not properly merge down the network to create a secondary switching layer. Which would have provided the redundancy in case or a failure like has been seen.

Piss poor planning. The engineers responsable should be fired for not having a back up plan.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by BosstonesOwn:

Piss poor planning. The engineers responsable should be fired for not having a back up plan.

You are 150% incorrect. This has nothing to do with lack of planning, no redundancy, or network routing.

I will not discuss further, but your assumptions are incorrect.

BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Last time I worked with verizon they were laying LTE plans and did not account for redundancy. If they changed their plans then good for them either way, having a single point of failure is not the telcom way.

Piss poor planning yet again.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
ahhmmm so they finally came out with what this was, imagine that I was dead on no redundancy on the server level. creating 2 separate networks is now their plan, dennismurphy good call on that is not what happened I will also add now they plan on building it regionally, which how this should have been done in the first place.

I love being right.

Peace out hehe , this is the reason I left Verizon, even management had your attitude.