how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

FCC will kill this deal

The FCC will allow Verizon to buy the spectrum and that's it. All of this side deal shit will NOT be allowed.

verolom

join:2002-03-23
Reston, VA

Re: FCC will kill this deal

Yeah?! All of this side deal shit is just that, side deal. The FCC can't force VZ to continue deploying FiOS or even keep offering the service. Without this the cable co's would not sell the spectrum to VZ.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
said by 88615298:

The FCC will allow Verizon to buy the spectrum and that's it. All of this side deal shit will NOT be allowed.

But the FCC won't force them to expand.

FiOS is way too expensive anyway and is overkill for most home users.

HaloFans

join:2006-12-18

FiOS is not overkill.

Third world countries use fiber optics.

Are you suggesting that they are overkilling their infrastructure?

Give me a break.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

said by HaloFans:

FiOS is not overkill.

Third world countries use fiber optics.

Are you suggesting that they are overkilling their infrastructure?

Give me a break.

The average home user does not need more than about 10Mbps at the current time. 5Mbps would be fine for most people in fact.

35, 50, 100Mbps IS overkill for most residential users. The only reason FiOS has penetration is because they are offering better prices than the competition. People (as in not the techno geeks here) switch to cable providers when Verizon doesn't give them a good deal price wise. They don't really care about the tech details, they just care about the bottom line, which is $

I have 50Mbps but rarely ever have the need for it. I use a 7Mbps DSL line at another location and to me the experience for average use is about the same.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by fifty nine:

said by 88615298:

But the FCC won't force them to expand.

FiOS is way too expensive anyway and is overkill for most home users.

No they can't force but they could say "You know maybe let you have half and give at&t the other half"