uniqs
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp to mogreen

Premium Member

to mogreen

Re: Can't find the Dtv questions section on this site!

There are no reps that monitor this site

Storm97
Premium Member
join:2003-04-14
Manteca, CA

Storm97

Premium Member

said by comp:

*sheepishly raises hand*... Define "rep"

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by Storm97:

said by comp:

*sheepishly raises hand*... Define "rep"

A person that would be able to confirm exactly when certain HD channels (such as BBC America) are to be launched with DirecTV, and/or for which channels DirecTV is currently negotiating to be carried in HD.

In short: someone with inside information that is MORE helpful then whatever the average phone-drone is allowed to say to customers.

Storm97
Premium Member
Manteca, CA

Storm97

Premium Member

Guess I'm not a "real rep" by that definition then...

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by Storm97:

Guess I'm not a "real rep" by that definition then...

Nope. Without wanting to insult you and your job, you are what I refer to as a phone drone. You may have information, but you are not allowed to share this information with anyone. Instead, you can only share information that has been provided to you by DirecTV in order to supply technical support.

TWC has the same type of phone drones. One day, I called them when a certain channel would become HD, and I got the typical rehearsed "we have no information about that channel at this time". The next DAY, their website was updated with launch dates for new HD channels, including the one I asked about.

In short, I have little faith in phone drones actually providing accurate, and/or updated information, because their bosses don't tell them either, or strictly forbid them from releasing certain information..... usually the kind of information customers *really* want to know.

Storm97
Premium Member
Manteca, CA

Storm97

Premium Member

Well, if it's any consolation... I don't work in a call center and wouldn't want to do that job. I haven't been a "phone drone" since my RCN days.

Also, our DMA is a beta market, and we see a LOT of new equipment and software prior to it being released to the masses. We had the NOMAD for 2 months prior to it's national release; and we have been installing HR34's for months now (I have one that is already "aged" at 52 days old). I generally try to stay on the cutting edge, and any time I hear of something new, I have a few sources that are more than happy to spill the beans and confirm / deny for me. I'm also a customer and an avid tech geek, and I LOVE having the latest and greatest so I am constantly asking what's new and what's coming

Sometimes we don't get advance notice, like when they pushed the new HD guide to us a full 30 days prior to the national rollout; they didn't notify us at all. I turned on my TV and there it was.

I help where I can, with information that I can confirm myself... Beyond that, I wouldn't be much good to anyone.

My two cents, FWIW.