spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

beach4702

join:2011-12-30
Saint Petersburg, FL

[Internet] Router reboot issue or Signal issue in St Pete.

I'm trying to resolve my internet connection dropping out daily. Spent a lot of time at home over the holidays and using Netflicks a lot more. It seems to drop out around two to three times a day.

Its annoying but we have learned to reboot our modem & router frequently. I have Belkin router (I know, cheap) F6D4230. It drops the internet connection, but the cable modem (Toshiba PCX-2600) lights are all green. Belkin service says that rebooting the route is normal, but I'm assuming daily is not good. Rebooting the Belkin router will not ensure access, only rebooting the cable modem gets it working again. Sometimes the cable status green light flashes fast for a few minutes. I usually walk away and comeback and it is eventually solid and I plug the Belkin back in.

Only have internet from BHN, and getting rid of DirecTV in a few weeks. As I understand things, the cable modem reboots it address depending on the lease interval. I don't have a problem with that, just wondering why my Belkin router won't pick it back up.

Just need pointed in the right direction, BHN service or get a new wireless router.
Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Please PM me your modem MAC address and current WAN IP address and I will take a quick look.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to beach4702

Your modem levels are fine but there has been some unusal activity shown in the logs. Two possible things...the modem is not functioning properly or the router is going bad (this is a symptom of a failing router btw). Belkin was incorrect...the router should not be rebooting on a regular basis...in fact it should be a rare event.

I will be calling you shortly...