spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jimmy T

@rr.com

Whole house DVR installed yesterday... - Clearwater

...And it doesn't work. All boxes can view the cable programming just fine, but the satellite boxes (not sure if that's the correct term) won't sync up with the master box. That is, on one of the satellite boxes I can't even pull up the recorded show list and on the other, it pulls up the list but is showing as empty even though I can see a recording on the master. Obviously they are not communicating with each other. I sure wish the tech would have tested them before leaving, but I'm not surprised given past experience with Brightouse.

I called tech support and they just said they'll have to send a tech out again. I'm hoping to save myself the time and frustration of waiting around half the day for a tech to show up and thought folks here might have some suggestions on how I can get it to work myself. I have reset each box multiple times, by the way.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
Jimmy with WHDVR if they aren't syncing up we need to get a tech out. Please PM me your MODEM MAC so I can pull your account and I will make sure everything is taken care of and be in touch....my apologies for the frustration.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to Jimmy T
Just for the heck of it, try to reboot the box that pulls a list but shows empty and the dvr. If that doesnt work then the moca filter is probably not in the correct location. Sometimes they will require being rebooted after installing to sync to each other.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Jimmy T
We have a tech going out today to resolve this....

Jimmy T

join:2011-12-31
Clearwater, FL
Thanks for all of your help in trying to get this resolved. It really is going above and beyond to jump on this within minutes on a Saturday.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Noooo problem... how did it go today?