uniqs
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne to dagwag77

to dagwag77

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by dagwag77:

Got the same on my rev G with firmware 30.18.5. I still haven't taken my I out of the plastic...

Wouldn't want to sell me one or the other at a fair price, would you?
dagwag77
Premium Member
join:2011-09-05
NY, USA

dagwag77

Premium Member

said by claibourne:

Wouldn't want to sell me one or the other at a fair price, would you?

Not at the moment, sorry... I'm having some really weird issues with my static ips so the tech swapped my rev G for me and left me an I to play with when (not if) I break the G... (The actiontecs aren't able to assign out the additional statics, the assigned computers don't get internet connectivity, but the IPs work fine if hooked up directly).
claibourne
Garland, TX

claibourne

Thanks, no worries. I have an installer coming out Wed morning to add a coax outlet and an STB and will see what he has on the truck. Here in N TX they've still been deploying Westells on new installs, at least up until fairly recently. I'm interested to see what he says they're deploying now.
claibourne

claibourne

said by claibourne:

I have an installer coming out Wed morning to add a coax outlet and an STB and will see what he has on the truck. Here in N TX they've still been deploying Westells on new installs, at least up until fairly recently. I'm interested to see what he says they're deploying now.

No luck... The installer who just did my coax install (and the installer doing a new FiOS deployment next door at the same time) had only Westell Rev C's. He said they've been told about "the N routers" but so far they haven't seen any here.
claibourne

claibourne

Update: Just went next door and chatted with the neighbors. They had a double-play installed, with 15/5 and digital voice. The router installed was.... (what appears to be a refurbed) Westell Rev B. Scratches and a couple marks on the case.
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35

that makes sense on low tier double play without video portion.

Since the real benefit rev f and higher routers is moca 1.1 which is needed for video portion, not internet.
claibourne
Garland, TX

claibourne

said by bigpapae35:

that makes sense on low tier double play without video portion.

Since the real benefit rev f and higher routers is moca 1.1 which is needed for video portion, not internet.

Yep, I can definitely see them using the older stuff for the speed tier that doesn't require gigabit WAN. And we can't get that here.

However, MoCA 1.1 could be useful even without video, if you want to use MoCA bridges to extend to more than 7 devices besides the router, on the same MoCA channel.