uniqs
share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Can anyone recommend a CHEAP book light for eReader?

I just got a first edition nook and love it, but now I see that I need a booklight for it.

I will have to wait until my next check but I need to order a booklight that is good for eReaders. I see some booklights for regular books, but will they work/fit on my nook?

I think I want a rechargeable one, but it can't be expensive.

Thanks!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

The reason that I asked this question is because I was expecting to find lights made specifically for the nook, but all I find are regular booklights and I don't know how well the will fit.

eBay has some stuff, even a package with a case, cable, light, and screen protector, but the lights aren't shaped especially for a nook. Also they aren't rechargeable (looks like I will have to get a recharger and batteries soon, when my budget allows).
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to signmeuptoo

Go to a local dollar store and they will probably have one with a clip on it. Not rechargeable but it will take a AAA battery which will last a long time with an LED light.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

There IS a dollar store in the city a little ways from here, that is an excellent idea, I need a few things anyways! I can get batteries there too.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to signmeuptoo

If you don't mind a headlamp style, there are lots of those available at Lowes and Home depot, and they're inexpensive. They usually take one or two aaa batteries, so you don't have to pay the money for those coin style batteries some lights use.

Get one that feels comfortable and swivels so you can adjust it to shine where you're looking. Use rechargeable batteries and you're good to go.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Can anyone recommend a CHEAP book light for eReader?

Noticed this bundle
»www.buy.com/prod/premium-black-l···404.html

RayGeode

join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Can anyone recommend a CHEAP book light for eReader?

I flip the traditional clip - on style ( $5.00 for a pair take 3 watch batteries ), upside down onto my stomach pointing up at the book. You can experiment with holding it to shine where you want. Sort of a headlamp that'd not attached to your head.