uniqs

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

[DIRECTV] Wireless Solution ?

I just completed a major remodeling job on kitchen and dining room. Wife decided well after the fact that she would like a new HDTV for the kitchen. She wants new tv wall mounted. The problem is there is no room for the reciever (currently HR21-700) and of course she don't want any cables showing.

Some of the LG's (preferred brand) seem to offer a wireless input. Looking at around a 37 to 42 size.

Looks like DTV has a wireless option but it seems to point more towards Direct Cinema than anything else. Rub there is I have Hughesnet for an ISP with a 425 MB usage allowance per day.

What I'm looking for I guess is a way to have the DTV reciever connect to the LAN side of my network and transmit it to the TV wirelessly...
Is this do able ?

Storm97
Premium Member
join:2003-04-14
Manteca, CA

Storm97

Premium Member

Sounds like the perfect chance to get the HR34 and an RVU capable TV... Although the current RVU offering is 55", may be a bit big for the kitchen.

The wireless option you mentioned is the WiFi DECA, that allows your receivers to connect to your wireless network for On-Demand and YouTube, and other internet related apps.

I know there are after-market solutions that could broadcast your receiver feed from one room to a TV in the other, via HDMI repeaters and such, but nothing that DirecTV specifically supports or installs.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

The "unsupported" was the thing. Sure wish she had brought this up before all the walls were redone. It would be a beast of a job now.

I was hoping someone else had run into this and had found a surefire solution. Hate to spend a ton of money and find it doesn't work.

mudturtle74
join:2007-06-29
Killen, AL

mudturtle74 to gwalk

to gwalk
What about placing the receiver in a hidden cabinet and feeding TV via HDMI cable from it. You can use a RF remote to control it. Actually, the receiver does not have to be in the same room as long as you can run HDMI cable from it. You can buy long cables. The RF remote (model RC65RX) will work up to about 100' distance.
60127178 (banned)
K.U. Sweet 16
join:2001-02-15
Wichita, KS

2 edits

60127178 (banned) to gwalk

to gwalk
Check out the H25 series receivers. Much smaller than the previous HD receivers.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
·Armstrong

comp

Premium Member

»www.solidsignal.com/pvie ··· ers&sku=