spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

adminsly

@electronicbox.net
reply to DanTou

Re: what is the best to replace cell plan?

ok i did all the step but thats not working, do i need to setup something in voip.ms, i create a sub accouint ans select it did sip/iax

do i need something else ? it is not ringing

adminsly

@electronicbox.net
reply to adminsly

ok when i call the number (i buy at voipms to test) it is busy.

in the sipdroid the authorization user name what do i put ? is it my user from pbxes or ???

DanTou

join:2006-10-14
Quebec, QC
kudos:2
reply to adminsly

In your phone, you put the username and password from pbxes.org.

In pbxes.org, you put the subaccount name and password from voip.ms.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

i did some progress, i can now make call but can not receive, it ring once than busy

adminsly

@electronicbox.net
reply to DanTou

i now have my voicemail enable , i get in. where in voip.ms i set to route to pbxes ? incoming call

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

ok now it all seem to work, we have to configure incoming route in pbxes ... thats it i can receive and send.

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage
reply to adminsly

Have fun!

Keep us posted on the phone you are using, battery life, sound quality...

I like mine, but like I said before, I'm not talking more than a couple of minutes a day. If you talk 30 minutes, I wonder about battery life... But who's talking more than 30 minutes a day on a cell? (except on unlimited, expensive plans). It probably varies from phone to phone.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

cool, yes i will..... thanks again without your help i would be still trying to figure it out....

sly

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

there is one thing i need to do and it does not work.

i paired my jawbone2 with the phone, but i have no sound at all in my bluetooth, nothing from sipdroid and nothing from sound apps.

where in the gio i need to tell to use bluetooth when connect?

sly

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage

1 edit

I don't have any Bluetooth accessories so I can't test it. I guess you may have to search for a forum speaking more precisely about the Gio.

Have you tried this? »androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-gio/

ssherwood
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

I've just tried this, and when I try to add Voip.MS as a trunk, I get an error message about needing to have a paid account with this provider for security reasons...

Any idea what that means?

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON

Hrm - I got this to work by using a different voip.ms server. Bizzare.

I'll contact pbxes.com to see if my preferred server can be OK'd.

-- SS

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON

GRR - it seems that with this service, there is no way to open a support case without paying, including posting to their forums!

I couldn't connect via chicago.voip.ms for some reason, but toronto.voip.ms worked.

Totally bizzare.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

sherwood just follow the step by step, the only thing missing is in pbxes you need to create a inbound routing you choose in regular hour and after hour, choose extension and pick your. at the bottom you choose NO override

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage

3 edits
reply to adminsly

Dell Voice

Dell Voice has been launched in Canada. It is an alternative to voip.ms/pbxes.org/SipDroid.

Pros:
Free outgoing calls to many canadian cities.
Free incoming calls (unlimited).
Free phone number (no one time fee or monthly payment).
Very easy to install.

Cons:
Can't cutomize outgoing Caller Id: It just shows the new phone number.
Other cities than the free ones, are more expensive to call than using voip.ms.
Less options than voip.ms.
Uses 1MB/minute instead of 500KB/minute with voip.ms.
It is not as robust as SipDroid: it shuts down by itself (once or twice a day).
Cannot record calls.

The same:
Battery usage in standby.
Bandwidth usage in standby.

Unknown:
When pbxes.org goes down (not often), the cell tries to connect and wastes banwidth and battery life: Will Dell Voice be the same?

Trick:
I added the new phone number Dell Voice gave me, to my Ring Group: don't need to give this number to anybody. I think, my incoming calls will be billed by voip.ms 1 cent/minute. Not a big deal if so!

I'm trying it and will keep you posted.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

ok cool

do we use it with a data plan , same as whet you make me setup?

does it work with bluetooth ?

thanks

sly

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage

Need a data plan; same as with pbxes.org. But don't need pbxes.org.

But your cell won't be an ATA. Just a regular phone. So your can do with it, anything you'd do with a regular phone combined with voip.ms.

I don't know about Bluetooth.

Easier to install; just not as flexible.

Depending on your needs, it may cost less.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

i just download it, but the phone is red can not connect to fongo...

my problem with sipdroid and probably bria is the bluetooth connectivity.... i did not try bria but they told me they dont support bluetooh yet, it should be in the next version.... and sipdroid is impossible to talk on bluetooh it keep cutting every 1 or 2 seconds.

do you know if i cann buy a earpiece and microphone wired ? fot samsung gio ? i had one with my regular cell phone, but the pin is smaller. and does the gio will support it ?

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

if i can connect i will try it, there is an option for bluetooth it look like they support it !!! it will be great

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

ok from what i read i need to buy the VOIP unlock key !!!

adminsly

@electronicbox.net
reply to adminsly

50$ to unlock sip apps !!!!

Expand your moderator at work

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage
reply to adminsly

I didn't buy the unlock key. Not necessary for what I tried.

The unlock key is to make sure you don't lose your phone number if you don't use the number for 90 days. It is also necessary to configure an ATA. It may unlock some functions but I haven't seen anything about it.

Like I said: I'm trying it but it just came out, and I have found much info how to customize. But they have a forum: I'll probably take a look soon.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

ok it finnally connect so far it is fast to ring and the sound is pretty good.... tommorow i will try the bluetooth

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

dont you think that is strange to be free ???

DanTou

Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Vonage
reply to adminsly

Dell Voice is associated with Fongo (freephoneline.ca). Their product has been free for a long time.

They probably make money from the 2 cents a minute they charge when you call outside the listed cities (more than 2 cents to other countries). Also the fees for the extras. Have you noticed the Dell publicity too?

I guess all those little fees get money in.

Google voice does the same thing.

adminsly

@electronicbox.net

ok so bluetooth is still not working , i can heard not too bad but the other side can not hear me or very little, so spending my time screaming in the car is a no no !!!!

if you found a solution for the bluetooth let me know.

sly