Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

First WPS hacking tool released

the first WPS hacking tool has been released to the open source community.

»»threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/attac···y-122911

Its available here:

»»code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/

At least one user reports the tool worked even after he disabled WPS on a Linksys router.

»»www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/s···?t=47038

WPS scanning tool here:

»www.sourcesec.com/2009/05/09/wps···y-tools/

alamarco
Premium
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

The scary part is the report of tool working with WPS disabled. I wonder if that is the default UI for routers not properly turning it off, or if the tool is turning it back on somehow.

I imagine if the default setting of the router is to have WPS enabled, then trying to crash the router and having it reset itself back to default would work if the user disables WPS, though I'm not sure if that's what the tool is doing.

Obviously everything gets hacked eventually, you just hope that they fix the even if it's off the router is still vulnerable. Even do something to stop the brute force by allowing the user to select an option where if the user gets the key wrong 3x (for example) the router will not allow any user to connect for 10m (for example). Let those who are connected stay connected and let the user also be able to unlock the lock via the UI.

DrTCP
Yours truly
Premium,ExMod 1999-04
join:1999-11-09
Round Rock, TX
reply to DataRiker
Here is the blog that co-found this vulnerability. There is another tool here as well.

»sviehb.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/···ability/

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to DataRiker
Yep its wpscrack.

I tried to run it in backtrack but keep getting weird readouts. I think I might have installed the dependencies wrong.

Anyhow, reaver works right out of the box.