uniqs
cpollock
Premium Member
join:2003-12-01
Copperas Cove, TX

cpollock

Premium Member

[Embarq] Blocked

Last night while catching up on the amount of spam to my embarq address I had about 150 or so reports in my postfix queue to send. It appears as though only about 20 of those were actually sent the rest were deferred due to a reply from the smtp server:

Jan 1 08:02:41 localhost postfix/smtp[4329]: 5E85032E1D4: to=, relay=smtp.embarqmail.com[208.47.184.3]:587, delay=42476, delays=42475/0.51/0.13/0, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host smtp.embarqmail.com[208.47.184.3] refused to talk to me: 421 4.7.0 [C7] Too much spam.)

Also when attempting to send from my mua, Evolution, I get "Welcome Response Error 5.7.1[C6] Too much spam.

What the server saw as spam was actually a report with the spam attached to it. I've talked to Embarq this afternoon and was given the number for the security section however it seems as no one is home there. Any embarq rep on here today able to tell me if this will time out after awhile or do I have to talk to someone to get this rectified? Looks like I've got a lot of reports to send out again just from today so far, over 40 in my spam folder. Any advice would be appreciated.
trippb
join:2004-01-27
Glasgow, KY

trippb

I'm sitting on the same issue. Did you get a resolution?

One of my clients has been complaining of delayed mail for about a week. The queue has been empty when I've checked previously today. I didn't having enough logging turned on to see what was going wrong. Today, I found a couple hundred messages waiting. They will not go out. I've put in a call to support but haven't gotten a response.
cpollock
Premium Member
join:2003-12-01
Copperas Cove, TX

cpollock

Premium Member

Yes I did get it resolved. When I sent out the spam reports of course a portion of the spam, headers and some of the actual spam, are sent along with the report. The smtp servers saw this as spam coming from me and put a block on. I called their security department, 1-877-273-0048 and explained what had happened (by then the block had been lifted) and they advised me that if I had a lot of reports to send then break them down into bunches of about 10 or so, send, wait a bit and send 10 more. That has seemed to work so far.

HTH
Chris