uniqs
share rss forum feed

jkonrad
Konman
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Mount Airy, MD

Dialing issues

Any help would be appreciated. I did do a support ticket with ViaTalk but haven't had a response to it since I filed the 31st.

I am unable to dial 800/866/888/877 numbers. It either will ring once then go fast busy or just never ring.

The same condition holds true when trying to dial an international call to my daughters grandmother in Russia. My daughter says this has been going on for the past month.

I noticed the 800/866/877/888 issue the 31st when trying to call and activate my new debit card which has to be done from my home number (which I still cannot activate).

I changed servers on ViatTalk and have rebooted/power cycled my PAPT2 several times. Nothing makes a difference. Since calls work ok to my cell and incoming calls work ok I know I have the right ports forwarded. Just in case I put the PAPT2 in my routers DMZ now as well.

Any help would be appreciated...

k2rj
Premium
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL

You should call the telephone support number for operational issues such as this. You will get much faster service. They usually have someone available to take calls, even on holidays. I don't believe there is anything you can do at your end for this particular problem.

jkonrad
Konman
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Mount Airy, MD

they did start attacking the problem now, made some changes but can't make any calls out now lol. I am sure they will fix it, the reason I couldn't call is my calls would not connect to them and AT&T had an outage in our area for cell use (shocking) so basically I had internet, guess I could have wasted some skype minutes on the call.

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA
reply to jkonrad

I have had this happen to me twice in the last couple of years. Usually a ticket fixes the problem. No idea what causes the problem.