share rss forum feed

EvilByDesire
I Am My Own God
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Grotto

1 edit

Unleashed Service...

I have a appointment scheduled for the 9th to install the unleashed service, 40$ install fee charged to the bill, my bill next month will be soo freaking high...
--
Sometimes "The Majority" only means all the fools are on the same side.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

What market? Do you already have ABB internet service?

I was told by a tech that if you rent an ABB modem and you have the 10/1 service, all I'd have to do is swap my modem out for a D3 modem and I'd have the 20/2 then, whenever Cumberland gets D3.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1
reply to EvilByDesire

How'd your install go? Speeds as expected?

robry
Premium
join:2007-04-07
Bellefonte, PA
reply to EvilByDesire

my parents went from 5/512 to 20/2 and we needed a service tech to visit, had horrible signal with the D3 modem.

so if you get the D3 modem and notice more disconnects and timeouts, etc, you'll need a service call.

ABBDan

join:2012-04-10

This is accurate - unfortunately, the 'golden' signal levels for D2 modems didn't translate 1:1 for D3 modems - some scenarios require the levels be tweaked up or down.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1

1 edit

EDIT: Removed post, will repost later.

Os

US
reply to EvilByDesire

Express and Unleashed are officially available in Cumberland. D3 speeds I believe now are available throughout the ABB footprint.

Now how do I get my MAX to Express and how much is it going to cost me?

Bmac1024

join:2011-11-09
Cumberland, MD

I called today first person said they would have to send a tech out to check the d3 modem. and also i have megamax right now and he said " he wasn't sure wat the express would cost his guess would be 15-20 extra dollars. I think is a waste if you ask me considering all the other times they upgraded the speed and price stayed the same. Oh and also another person told me i wouldn't have to have a tech come i could go to the office and pick the modem up, lol i hate ABB you get different stories everytime you call someone different

Os

US

MegaMax ran $59.95, I thought. It should be $5 LESS for Express, $10 more for Unleashed at FULL PRICE. I remember MegaMax was actually cheaper than Max if you were just buying internet only.

Considering that the bundles now include Express and Unleashed, I should be able to just change the modem (And I question that too considering the 5120 can handle 20/2, as long as it's provisioned), and be done with it.

I've been too busy to try yet.

ABBJason

join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA
reply to Os

Max in your area I believe is $51.95 ala carte. Express is a smidge more $54.99 Keep in mind this is the non-discount ala carte rate. When you call customer service you may get something better. Megamax and Express are the same price and just a modem swap. Max was 10/1 megamax was 15/1.5 express is 20/2

Keep in mind that I can be 100% sure of this without checking on an actual account.