uniqs
share rss forum feed

CR_Client

join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA
reply to OldCableGuy

Re: [MN] History channel HD turned in to encore action HD

said by OldCableGuy :

>which is available to maybe 20% of the city, if even that much.

ImOn has overbuilt over 60% of Cedar Rapids, where did you get the figure you provided? They have avoided building out the ghetto (read: SE side), so if that's where you live I can see the confusion.

Despite what you SE'rs think though, the SE does not make up 80% of the city.

Nope, I live on the NE side; not in the ghetto, not out near Palo, just on the plain-jane NE side. But thanks for playin'...
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Albert Einstein

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
NE side? So besides 15th to 19th st on B Ave what other areas don't have ImOn? What Hy-Vee do you live by over there... the Ghetto -Vee???

CR_Client

join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA
The entire neighborhood surrounding Daniels Park and Mount Mercy University, which are hardly in "the ghetto", are un-served by ImOn, except for the college itself, of course.

So, no, not the Ghetto-Vee, the Oakland Vee, but south of 29th.

If ImOn had a build-out map for people to look at, instead of an imperfect address locator, it would likely be a lot easier to tell where they did/didn't service.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Albert Einstein

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
Calling BS.

Almost all of that area is overbuilt, I lived on 25th St and had ImOn service (called McLeodUSA ATS back then) for multiple years around 96-98. In fact that entire area was one of the very first they built out.