dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Discreet
join:2012-01-03

Discreet

[Internet] Brighthouse Lightning Connection Problem (Help)

Model Name: Ubee DDW3610

Bakersfield, CA

Hi, I have recently upgraded my internet to Brighthouse Lightning, and have been having a bit of an Xbox Connection Problem. When I get into a Multiplayer game on MW3 on my Xbox, the Connection is really good, but the Connection gets a really bad spike every 30 seconds or so. So every 30 seconds I will just lag for a good 5 seconds or so, then it will go back to normal. It get's very annoying. I have tried playing via Wired Connection and Wireless Connection, and it spikes on both.

The weird thing is, is when i'm on the PC(not gaming) it is fine. For ex. watching Youtube videos is perfectly normal. My brother has also been having this problem(We use the same internet.)

I have also done Speedtest's and Pingtest's, the upload speed does in fact range anywhere from 30.00-40.00mbps, and the download speed ranges anywhere from 3.00-4.00mbps.

And for the pingtest's, the ping ranges anywhere from 5-20mbps.

So the tests look fine. But the only problem is that is spikes allot when I am in a multiplayer game on MW3.

Please if anybody could help out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Let's take a look at your connection. PM me your modem MAC address and WAN IP and I'll get back with ya shortly.
Discreet
join:2012-01-03

Discreet

Ok, I PM'd you.

Sorry, im new to the Site.

Uhhm. is IM PM'ing?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Discreet:

Ok, I PM'd you.

Sorry, im new to the Site.

Uhhm. is IM PM'ing?

LOL yep...and welcome. I'll be on this in a moment.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Discreet

Premium Member

to Discreet
Do me a favor please...you provided a LAN IP (192.x.x.x) I need your WAN IP. Simply open a browser window and type 'What is my ip address" The IP shown is yours...please PM me this info as the MAC you provided is not valid. Thanks...
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Discreet

Premium Member

to Discreet
Hi there... Just in case you didn't get my last msg please see above.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Discreet

Premium Member

to Discreet
Discreet would love to hear from you on this....