spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rickybo
join:2010-06-01
Scarborough, ON

rickybo

Question for ditributel

Okay i have no idea where to post this, so ill just post it here, on December 21st 2011 i sent a money order to them to sign up with their cable Internet, its now January 4th 2012 and still no sign of them getting my payment, and they keep calling and mailing reminders to me :/

I understand its been the holidays or maybe Canada post lost the mail which is unlikely, but its been a whole 14 days, the mail said it would take 3 business days to deliver, and its been way past 3 business days.

Im already furious, this is a big waste of time, or is it just my bad luck? Anyhow something fishy is going on and its just hectic.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie

Isn't sending a money order through the mail a bad idea?
I thought it was like cash.

14 mail delivery days?
The was no mail on Dec 26, 27, Jan 2 so I would give it a few more days before it is declared "your bad luck".

rickybo
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

rickybo

I'm not so sure if its a bad idea, i monitor the money order everyday, and only distributel cna cash the money order so how is it a bad idea.
useless2764
join:2008-10-11
Barrie, ON

useless2764 to rickybo

to rickybo
you have the website set to quebec

rickybo
Scarborough, ON

rickybo

Thanks, i don't know why it puts me at the Quebec website :S and that really sucks for Quebec, 5GB is pitiful

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to rickybo

Premium Member

to rickybo
You sent "money" in the mail, without any tracking of any sort?

CP standards are 4 business days between provinces,because of the Christmas holidays,it should have gotten their by 30th, I'm gonna say it's lost along with your money.

rickybo
Scarborough, ON

rickybo

If you read more closely, i stated money order, not money in an envelope, nobody puts cash in an envelope, its a money order, and only distributel can cash it, also i am monitoring it everyday and i can cancel or put it on hold at any given time. And since it is holiday/busy season, ill give it up to Friday before i stop the money order and get a refund.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Today only makes 6 business days if you count the days the mail did not run or the days they were closed. I would suggest also to give it more time.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Lynn0:

Today only makes 6 business days if you count the days the mail did not run or the days they were closed. I would suggest also to give it more time.

I counted all the right days

Mailed on the 21st (I'm going to assume before the cut off time)
22,23, 2 business days
24,25,26,27 Hoildays
28,29,30 3 business days (we're up to 5)
31,1,2 Holidays
3 one more business days that's 6

Rickybo, I realize it's a money order, but I figured it was like cash.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

said by Lynn0:

I counted all the right days

Mailed on the 21st (I'm going to assume before the cut off time)
22,23, 2 business days
24,25,26,27 Hoildays
28,29,30 3 business days (we're up to 5)
31,1,2 Holidays
3 one more business days that's 6

Rickybo, I realize it's a money order, but I figured it was like cash.

Yes you sure did count them right. Agreeing with you
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
A money order has a listed recipient, like a cheque does, and only that person/entity can cash it. It's basically a pre-paid cheque.

rickybo
Scarborough, ON

rickybo

It actually should be around 7 i suppose because on the Wednesday of the 21st i put the mail in the mailbox at 7am, so Wednesday should count as 1 day right?

I'm concerned and confused because during those 14 days, distributel sent me a reminder mail, which was dated December 28th, how could they have sent me a mail but my mail didn't reach them as yet? :S And they sent theres after mine

Im clueless

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Depends on how the sorting plants in your area do their thing.Mine in my city goes to stoney creek but the boxes are cleaned 2 times a day (morning and 2pm),but only 1 shipment is sent for sorting and thats in the evening.

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc to rickybo

to rickybo
said by rickybo:

Okay i have no idea where to post this, so ill just post it here

You have the right place...

Im already furious, this is a big waste of time, or is it just my bad luck? Anyhow something fishy is going on and its just hectic.

Either it's bad luck and the order didn't arrive for some reason, or it's still enroute and they'll get it this week. I know that christmas cards I sent out before the 10th of December never made it before the 25th to various locations in Canada. Canada Post is not performing up to their standards.

As for Distributel, I'm very happy with the service I've received from them. It takes a while to get connected, due to Rogers deliberately taking so long to process the requests, but the connection has been stable and fast. I'm a happy camper.

rickybo
Scarborough, ON

rickybo

Good input, but shouldn't my mail be priority, since its business reply mail, 3 days and on the stamp it says priority mail? Either CP is bombarded with mail and is off track for a bit, or my mail is just lost. Still doesn't explain why im getting mail in my mailbox though and a business reply mail that has been sent 2 weeks ago hasn't arrived to them x.x

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc

The mail is wonky, plain and simple.

My father who lives in BC sent a card that arrived in 4 business days to ON. Mine took 12 business days to arrive in BC. I dunno...

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to rickybo

Premium Member

to rickybo
Mail is mail to CP there is no priority. Courier is not even up to snuff these days as 2 day deliver is really 3 to 4