spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rjrenholder
join:2012-03-05

rjrenholder to decx

to decx

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

I've followed the instructions to enable PPPoE to no avail. I'm still stuck on the v1.0.4.4R3WH firmware and the disconnections/reboots are still persisting.

At this point, I'm calling tech support tomorrow for a fix and if it can't be provided I'm going to start looking for a new provider. It's at the point where I'm willing to accept subpar speeds and usage rates if it means I'm not getting disconnected every 5-6 hours -- and more importantly -- in the middle of something.

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

said by rjrenholder:

I've followed the instructions to enable PPPoE to no avail. I'm still stuck on the v1.0.4.4R3WH firmware and the disconnections/reboots are still persisting.

At this point, I'm calling tech support tomorrow for a fix and if it can't be provided I'm going to start looking for a new provider. It's at the point where I'm willing to accept subpar speeds and usage rates if it means I'm not getting disconnected every 5-6 hours -- and more importantly -- in the middle of something.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm being told by Teksavvy that it has to be my inside wiring despite ADSL2+ working fine for years. I think I'll learn to live without native IPv6 access and just bundle Fibe TV with Bell Internet. I've had about 30 disconnects today and it's just unacceptable. If only cable had higher upload speeds...
abcxyz123
join:2012-01-17
k2k0h2

abcxyz123

said by squircle:

I'm in the same boat as you....

I thought you were in a different boat in which you had the 1.0.3.3EF-ISAM firmware which, for most people who had it, was stable. Your issue was with losing synch. Whereas rjenholder has the rebooting firmware.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to Phibian

Premium Member

to Phibian
Hey guys,

We are fairly certain the issue has been resolved. As for compensation, this has been put into the hand of upper management to overview & take the proper decision.

At this time, we have no updates. I don’t have details as to the method that will be used to credit & how much we’re looking for.

But once we have concluded a proper way of dealing with all of this, we’ll be advising.

Regards,
Martin

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle to abcxyz123

to abcxyz123
said by abcxyz123:

I thought you were in a different boat in which you had the 1.0.3.3EF-ISAM firmware which, for most people who had it, was stable. Your issue was with losing synch. Whereas rjenholder has the rebooting firmware.

Well I managed to acquire another Cellpipe with 1.0.4.4R3WH firmware on it, dump the EEPROM chip with the firmware and flash it on the Cellpipe given to my by Teksavvy, and no change. I tried it on my 7330 port (I'm lucky enough to have one of each) and it stayed stable for a whole day (with test@test, of course; Bell would never let me use my TSI login on one of their lines).

I just realized something while writing this: the firmware I had for so long (1.0.3.3EF-ISAM) has "ISAM" in the name. Although the abbreviation's true meaning isn't clear to me, ALU uses it in all of their marketing documents for their 733x series of FTTN equipment. I wonder... is there any definitive guide to which firmware should be used with either type of line card in the DSLAM?

Regardless, I understand the true nature of your post. I hate it when people bitch on the forums (à la "TSI sucks because of an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with them and everything to do with me/my equipment/my line") so I should stop doing the same. Appreciate the call-out (helps keep me in check).

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
Thanks Martin.

I hope it wont be that long. Bell just needs to drop this silly rental, or allow a one time discounted purchase of these things, since they've recovered their cost for them several times over.
Boldwin89
join:2012-08-02
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to Phibian

to Phibian
I am also getting frequent random disconnects from the DSL connection. What is the cause of all this? It is getting a little bit annoying.
Boldwin89

Boldwin89 to Phibian

to Phibian
Any news/updates on this matter?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Boldwin89:

Any news/updates on this matter?

Do you have the updated firmware in your modem? The modem reboot issue has been successfully fixed with the firmware 1.0.4.4R8-wh.

You need to enable a PPPoE modem in the cellpipe's web interface in order for it to download firmware. You can disable it after.

You can check what firmware you have by clicking on »192.168.2.1/util_system.html

Phibian
join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON

Phibian to Boldwin89

to Boldwin89
The technical issue has been resolved.

If you have firmware 1.0.4.4R3WH you should enter your login into the modem and reboot it. It should then update to 1.0.4.4R8WH at which point the issue appears to be fixed.

TSI is looking into getting those of us who suffered through this issue for months compensation but the exact formula for this has yet to be decided.
Boldwin89
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89

My modem is a Speedtouch 516 and I get access to my modem with 192.168.1.254. I don't think risking to flash a firmware from my modem will fix anything unless the people form teksavvy recommend it.

Product Name: ST516
Serial Number: CP1110DT2TE
Software Release: 6.2.29.2
Software Variant: AA
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.8
Product Code: 3594263A
Board Name: BANT-V

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Boldwin89:

My modem is a Speedtouch 516 and I get access to my modem with 192.168.1.254. I don't think risking to flash a firmware from my modem will fix anything unless the people form teksavvy recommend it.

You're not having the Cellpipe modem issue this thread is about... And your ST516 modem firmware is a tad old, there is newer firmware 7.4.x.x that helps with stability.
Boldwin89
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to Phibian

to Phibian
Speedtouch 516 reboot at random times for 2 weeks. Lost sync with DSL/PPPoE then reconnects after 10 seconds, this is happening multiple times a day. Any suggestion?

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK to Phibian

to Phibian
I updated my cellpipe to 1.0.4.4R8WH two days ago. But it appears to have done it again. I lost connection four hours ago while at work.

The tomato log shows the same error as it did when I had the problem on the previous firmware.

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

You need to check the modem logs not the router to be sure. It could be (and likely was) something else. I lost connection for a few minutes today (first time in ages) and it was definitely not a modem issue. Could have been bell or TSI.
Boldwin89
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to Phibian

to Phibian
Can we get a word from the official support team from Teksavvy???

Sandroid
BSD geek
Premium Member
join:2002-08-08
Anjou, QC

Sandroid to Boldwin89

Premium Member

to Boldwin89
said by Boldwin89:

Speedtouch 516 reboot at random times for 2 weeks. Lost sync with DSL/PPPoE then reconnects after 10 seconds, this is happening multiple times a day. Any suggestion?

Don't hijack the thread - you should start a new thread for your issue. This has nothing to do with the cellpipe issue - not the same product, not the same company, not the same DSL technology... You'll probably get better "eyes" on it too.
Seikon32
join:2012-03-31
North York, ON

Seikon32

I hate to bring this thread back to life, but my cellpipe modem (1.0.4.4R8-WH) just rebooted like it used to before the firmware upgrade.

Anyone also getting this? It happened once so far, 10 minutes ago. I'm a little worried. Maybe it was just a freak accident and completely unrelated.

Bleharg
@teksavvy.com

Bleharg

Anon

I've been getting disconnects too, also with the latest firmware. Mostly while playing a game called Dota 2, but I'm the only one to lose connection out of ten players, and the lights on my modem go out briefly.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Seikon32

Premium Member

to Seikon32
Mine still hasn't rebooted since the firmware was upgraded... I have lost pppoe session numerous times (without sync loss), but i still havent bothered to switch back to the backup sagemcom i have to see if its something with the new firmware thats causing the disconnections.
crazypants
join:2011-02-25
North York, ON

crazypants to Phibian

to Phibian
I don't know if there is a need for my Cellpipe's firmware to be upgraded. I currently have firmware 1.0.4.3EF-ISAM. Released: 2010/12/27. I never had an issue with the random reboots BUT, HiVolt and I both had/have an issue with speeds fluctuating in the evening. Last night I saw my speed going down after 10 - 10:30 p.m. After a reboot my speeds were back to 24-25 mbps on a 25/7 tier. The one thing I don't understand is why my firmware hasn't upgraded on its own. Any thoughts?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

The congestion here is on the remote level, it doesnt matter what firmware i use or modem...

I should re-run some tests and make another complaint to TSI, since this has been this way since I got the service, but I've been primarily using my 28/1 since the POI's were upgraded the service has been flawless...
crazypants
join:2011-02-25
North York, ON

crazypants

Well, I want to rule the firmware out before proceeding with TSI because I did various tests and and a tracert which were ok. I just find it strange that after a reboot the speeds were back to normal. I will have to observe it this evening and see if the speeds go down again or stays up. This is the first time I had noticed this since I came back from Europe. I was away for the month of August, so I don't know how things were last month.

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian to Seikon32

to Seikon32
If anyone is getting reboots I would suggest two things. First confirm the version of the firmware that you are running. Second clear the log and then post log snips for when the reboot happens. From the log it should be obvious if it is in fact a reboot or something else. If ALL of the lights go out and you have the latest firmware then that sure sounds like a problem. Since other people don't seem to be having issues I suppose it would also be worth checking the power (plugged into a ups?) and perhaps even getting TSI to swap the modem in case it is just a bad unit.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

i specifically notice when mine reboots because i have to run netflix on my pc to make my consoles Work properly with my us Proxy, and i still have to do this quite often Almost every other day, but in my super long gaming sessions, not finding myself disconnected.

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

You still need to check logs to verify that this is really a reboot and not something else.
Seikon32
North York, ON

Seikon32 to Phibian

to Phibian
My modem just reset again (I think).

Here is a screenshot of my log (everything for the day it happened) along with the firm ware.

»img.photobucket.com/albu ··· pe01.jpg

When I notice I lose internet, I look at my modem and all the lights are off except the power light. I checked my power plug and it is firmly plugged into the modem and socket

I don't know what I'm looking at for the log, is that evidence of a modem reset?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Your log doesn't show evidence of a modem reboot... When it resets, there are entries like "Wireless disabled (or enabled)", firmware version is stated, etc... And it takes 3-5 minutes to get back on the internet while the modem reboots, resyncs, then the connection is re-established.
Seikon32
North York, ON

Seikon32

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hm, so from that log, is it possible to tell what's causing my internet to go out briefly?

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

Is there more above that in the log (from roughly the same time)?