share rss forum feed

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to toro

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

What firmware is on this one? Could it be that it's already been upgraded?

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
1.0.4.3EF-STINGER

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
That firmware should be fine.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Keep it on the stinger firmware, it's actually much better than newer firmware which is designed to work on two types of remotes... The EF-STINGER is tuned to work specifically on the Lucent Stinger remotes...

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
OK, thanks !

AVBHS

join:2012-01-28
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Phibian
My modem started failing. Can anybody confirm the current firmware version - as i see on modem page this is 1.0.4.4R8. Maybe Bell once again pushed something "improved"?

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
1.0.4.4r8 is the updated Cellpipe firmware.
What's the issue when you say.... it's "failing"?

Does it power cycle on it's own?
Does it loose sync?
Does wireless die?
Does it only loose the PPPoE connection?

If you'd like additional help, may I suggest you post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Thanks,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada

1 edit
reply to Phibian

Any reason to keep a Cellpipe 7130 on 1.0.4.3EF-Stinger now?

I still have that old Cellpipe 7130 with 1.0.4.3EF-Stinger in the closet that I'm not using. Any point in keeping it with that firmware, or should I get it updated to 1.0.4.4R8 before it becomes useless?

Or should I just keep it as test@test so it doesn't get updated?

--
Everything Apple

ijake

join:2013-03-04
reply to Phibian

My cellpipe firmware is r3. How do I get the r8 version?

What does it mean to "enter your authentication in the modem".

JakeUser25

@teksavvy.com
reply to Eug

RE: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync

Hey, I have been having issues with this router for about half a year now. My modem would reset randomly, no pattern in between resets.

I have complained about this issue in the past on this post, and I was told it was just a firmware issue. Bell knows about it and was suppose to update the firmware later that month. This was about 6 months ago.

I have no idea if they updated the firmware. I am going to assume they did not because when I go to the system settings on the modem page I get this.

Firmware Version> v1.0.4.4R3WH
Release Date> 2011/09/16 12:00

I have called tekksavvy about this issue many of times, and every single person I talk to seems clueless about this problem, and always acts like this is the first they have ever even heard the problem. This post has 72 pages, so I find this very hard to believe.

Although I do want to mention something else. TekSavvy sent me a new modem from bell. Its not a cellpipe modem, it is called a Sagemcom F@ST 2864. I assumed this would have fixed the issue. It did not. This modem also resets randomly with no pattern in between. The worst part is, when this modem restarts, it takes 12 times longer than the cellpipe, to boot up and connect me to the internet.

This leads me to believe that the problem lies within the wiring. I don't think its the power, as I have been trying this on different outlets around the house.

I actually want to know. Has this issue been resolved for anyone else? If so how was it fixed?

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
I think the fact that there were no posts in this thread for two months shows that the problem was solved for most people.

ijake

join:2013-03-04
reply to Phibian

Okay well, it turns out, Bell is no longer pushing firmware updates for this modem. The TSI agent told me that Bell pushed firmware updates a couple of months ago. He said my modem must have been online to receive it. Which is quite odd because my modem has been online during this time frame.

My router was essentially supplying the modem with the PPPoE settings, so I assume this must have been the problem.

TSI sent me a new Sagemcom modem as a replacement, but I am having the exact same issue and I have absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Sounds like a line issue. Can you post stats?

deekay0

join:2001-12-23
Toronto, ON
reply to ijake
said by ijake:

Okay well, it turns out, Bell is no longer pushing firmware updates for this modem. The TSI agent told me that Bell pushed firmware updates a couple of months ago. He said my modem must have been online to receive it. Which is quite odd because my modem has been online during this time frame.

My router was essentially supplying the modem with the PPPoE settings, so I assume this must have been the problem.

TSI sent me a new Sagemcom modem as a replacement, but I am having the exact same issue and I have absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

I'm in the exact same situation. My CellPipe didn't get upgraded since I wasn't authenticated PPPoE using my modem. I tried to get the update using the described procedure but it doesn't work. I still ended up keeping the CellPipe since it recovers faster from failure than the Sagemcom.

Whatever is causing this problem affects both the CellPipe and the Sagemcom. The Sagemcom exhibits the problem differently though it seems. »[Internet] Internet keeps droppping. Bell says no issues with li

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to ijake

One of each

said by ijake:

Well, that's interesting. If true, then I guess now I have one modem that is permanently 1.0.4.4R8, and one modem that is permanently 1.0.4.3EF-Stinger.

However, IIRC my Cellpipe that did get updated to 1.0.4.4R8 was only acting as a bridge when it got updated (last year). The PPPoE session was negotiated by my router, not the Cellpipe. Or maybe I am just not remembering correctly.
--
Everything Apple

girafe

join:2009-04-18
Montreal, QC
WHAT!?

I'm on 1.0.4.2-STINGER

finally had the time to make it update (finally feed up with disconnects)
put my login in
nothing happens
now i'm stuck?