All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to KrK

to KrK

Re: Unfortunately.... as consumers find ways to save money...

no they won't use caps- they'll go back to the old it comes from your minute plans.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Per byte billing, since you can use the same apps on Smartphones to make calls--- no voice minutes needed.
KrK

KrK

Premium Member

Wait till they start charging you for data traffic that goes over your own Wi-Fi connection.

Who wants to take the bet.... Charges coming for using your phone over your own Wi-Fi. This is additional and on top of the data charges from your ISP for using data (your Wi-Fi).
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Already doing it...femtocells

As for finding other revenue generating means, that won't change. I can't think if any business that willingly reduces revenue.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

Wait till they start charging you for data traffic that goes over your own Wi-Fi connection.

Who wants to take the bet.... Charges coming for using your phone over your own Wi-Fi. This is additional and on top of the data charges from your ISP for using data (your Wi-Fi).

thankfully my provider (T-Mobile) gave me a free addon which gives me unlimited free calls over any wifi signal. Works great!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
Finding revenue sources to me equates to finding new products and services consumers are willing to pay for. Not finding new "creative" ways to charge more and take more while providing less and doing less, just because they can.
KrK

KrK to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
Yeah, they recently pushed out Wi-Fi calling to many phones via updates.
KrK

KrK to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
I used to be interested in Femtocells but they've been largely obsoleted now by Wi-Fi. I don't need one at all because I can use my phone and other devices via Wi-Fi and make voice calls via Wi-Fi as well, so there's no longer a need for a Femtocell.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
said by djdanska:

thankfully my provider (T-Mobile) gave me a free addon which gives me unlimited free calls over any wifi signal. Works great!

It wasn't because they decided to be nice. They get to take load off their network, and put it elsewhere; your ISP's, and your net cap if you have one.
MrHappy316
Wish I had my tank
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Columbia, SC

MrHappy316 to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
T-Mobile already does this if you are using prepaid