All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Squeezer
join:2002-01-03
Byram, MS

Squeezer

[General] Negotiating bill with AT&T for lower monthly price?

Has anyone had any luck calling AT&T and negotiating a lower monthly price? I'm paying about $63 a month for 6meg DSL + static IP, although they offer new customers $25 a month here »www.att.com/dsl/shop/pla ··· omoCode= plus $15 for a static ip for a total of $40 + tax. Do you think I'd have any luck calling the retensions department and asking for a discount?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Re: [General] Negotiating bill with AT&T for lower monthly price

I'd say that if you are genuinely prepared to cancel service and go to a competitive product with another provider, then you have noting to lose by calling AT&T to see what they are willing to do to retain you as a customer.
countscabula
join:2010-03-09

countscabula to Squeezer

to Squeezer
A friend of mine quit the cable company for a couple weeks and went back online like a new customer with his address and they treated him like new.

KarmaPieces
Premium Member
join:2004-07-05
Mobile, AL

KarmaPieces to Squeezer

Premium Member

to Squeezer
I'm going to call again today and try since my previous discount of half off for 6 mo ran out in Dec. I'll update and let you know how it goes. Last time I made sure to mention I was very unhappy about the caps and that my local cable company was offering me a better deal but that I didn't want to go to the trouble of switching if they could do something better in the price department.

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

I have found that if you call every 6 months when your current promotion expires, they will renew it with the current promotion for another 6 months...YMMV.

KarmaPieces
Premium Member
join:2004-07-05
Mobile, AL

KarmaPieces

Premium Member

Not in my case. I had 50% off for 6 mo and they won't continue it and are only offering $10 off the regular price. I told them we go over the 150 pretty much every month so that's not much help or incentive to stay and he just switched me over to tech support and told me to ask why we are going over the 150GB limit each month since we don't download large files, do any gaming or stream anything besides YouTube occasionally.

This is just awful.
KarmaPieces

KarmaPieces to Squeezer

Premium Member

to Squeezer
Just wanted to update my previous post since I was posting while I was on the phone them. After getting transferred to Tech Support the woman I talked to in that dept transferred me back to the Retention Dept and a guy who was a lot nicer and not as car salesman like just extended the previous deal I had for another 6 months. I was so glad I ended up with someone better the 2nd time around.
ja5219
join:2006-11-27
Hickory, NC

1 edit

ja5219 to Squeezer

to Squeezer
What current deals can you get as a previous customer?

Does that 50% off for 6mo offer come with a catch?
We're currently paying $19 for DSL Lite, I would love to move up to their 3mbps service and the other offer we received was $5 off for 3 months.

I'd be willing to try and see if we can get that half off price instead if there isn't a hidden catch or anything.

Edit: Just called was only offered $5 off for 3 months, Not so good.... What department do i need to call? I guess sales was a bad idea, or is that the same as the retentions department? Anyone have that number?

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

said by ja5219:

We're currently paying $19 for DSL Lite.......

Hard for me to imagine you getting a break on your current DSL Lite as they just raised mine to $29.95.

Let us know how it turns out.
ja5219
Hickory, NC

ja5219

We're in an old Bellsouth area, don't know if that matters..

We used to pay $24.95 but I heard news that DSL lite's regular new price was $19 over a year ago, I called and they adjusted our price down. Its been like that ever since.

No luck initially, only the $5 off to upgrade. I just found out we can get the 6mbps service here, last i checked, max we could get is 1.5 before.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I'm in Bellsouth land too.

In less than four years my DSL Lite price has gone from $10.00 to $14.95 to $19.95 to $24.95 to $29.95. I think I am done with them.

SE Florida
@wpecnews12.com

SE Florida

Anon

I got my 6mb plan lowered by $10/month permanently just by asking, and being a good, longtime customer.

burris
Premium Member
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

I have 2 months to go on my last request..

Thus far, they gave me a price of $24.95 for my existing 6Mb.
In the past they used to extend the offer for a year, but now for only 6 months at a time.
My renewal comes up the end of March, so we'll see if they want me to stay or move to Comcast.
ja5219
Hickory, NC

ja5219

You don't talk to sales right? Is it the disconnect department? How do you ask about this.
If its a secret then that's ok! But you can send me a PM too if you want.

Really interested in moving up a speed plan seeing how someone just got their dsl lite price hiked up, I hope im not next.

burris
Premium Member
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

Simply ask for the cancellation department....

However, the last few times I called, the rep that answered the phone said she could help me.
If not, I suggest hanging up and trying again until you get a synpathetic rep.

Good luck and let us know...

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to SE Florida

Premium Member

to SE Florida
said by SE Florida :

I got my 6mb plan lowered by $10/month permanently just by asking, and being a good, longtime customer.

I got my dual 3 mbps plans lowered by $86 per month when I told AT&T what they could do with their version of appreciation of good, longtime customers (after they arbitrarily shutoff one of my circuits simply because I was a good longtime customer who liked their service so much I was paying for two connections). Yep, AT&T really appreciates their good, longtime customers.
w4ncr8
join:2000-10-27

w4ncr8

From a previous customer and I went back to them I like to know 3mpbs servers is costing me $43.00 a month tell me on the 3 billing cycle the service will only cost $15 were they get$43.00 from first bill $35 hook up charge month of service $65 yes I know the first month bill will always be hi ?

brandon
Some truth included in this post.
Premium Member
join:2003-03-31
Ocean Springs, MS

brandon to Squeezer

Premium Member

to Squeezer
I was paying $32.95 for 6mb last year, after I told them I was going to cable (which I was, until they offered me the deal). Also in July of last year, I moved from MS to AL and I was sure to completely cancel my service rather than transfer it, so that when I moved in I was able to request the deal at att.com/hotdeal for 6mb for $24.95/month for a year, no strings.

I also got directv, so I'm actually only paying $19.95/month for 6mb DSL. That's the same price I paid for 56k dialup in 1998. Good times. Before I combined my bills, I had also gotten directv to give me some good credits directly, then I combined them with ATT for more credit.

So I'm paying about $100 total less than I should be for directv and ATT DSL, which is really the only reason I haven't switched to cable.
ja5219
Hickory, NC

1 edit

ja5219 to Squeezer

to Squeezer

Re: [General]

Well as soon as the request for upgrade goes through, everything should be as the lady i talked to said. should take a day or so but here's to hoping everything goes ok.

I was offered to move from DSL lite to their max 6MB plan for only $5 more for the next year ($19 -> $24). That is i believe a very nice deal and that lady was very nice and helpful.

Only thing I would be concerned since I know hardly anything about DSL statistics, is will my line be able to handle that speed?

Current Connection:

Current Noise Margin 20.0 dB 18.0 dB

Current Attenuation 28.0 dB 12.0 dB

Current Output Power -7.7 dB -2.5 dB

Without derailing this topic off subject, What makes me think it will handle is is the next stat from my modem.
DSL Down Up
Current Rate: 768 kbs 128 kbs
Max Rate: 7808 kbs 900 kbs

I should be fine right? Thank you all for your help, this is a great deal just can't wait to get this working.