spc
uniqs

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet to antdude

to antdude

Re: Linksys WAP11 and WRT54GL?

In my router's (Cisco E1500) wireless settings it offers manual and WPS, I have mine set to manual via bullet point so I infer my WPS is disabled using this setting. Do others agree? I entered a passkey manually via the wireless security settings.

When adding devices, I am able to push the button on the back of the router This automatically connects the device without putting in the passkey.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

1 recommendation

PrntRhd

Premium Member

said by planet:

In my router's (Cisco E1500) wireless settings it offers manual and WPS, I have mine set to manual via bullet point so I infer my WPS is disabled using this setting. Do others agree? I entered a passkey manually via the wireless security settings.

When adding devices, I am able to push the button on the back of the router This automatically connects the device without putting in the passkey.

See this:
»arstechnica.com/business ··· aver.ars

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt

DD-WRT does not support WPS and is not vulnerable. Which is a lucky thing since I have the same WRT54G2 here as cracked in the ars article. Guess he's got the factory firmware.

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

said by sbconslt:

DD-WRT does not support WPS and is not vulnerable. Which is a lucky thing since I have the same WRT54G2 here as cracked in the ars article. Guess he's got the factory firmware.

Is there firmware by DD-WRT that supports a Cisco E1500?

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt

said by planet:

Is there firmware by DD-WRT that supports a Cisco E1500?

It does not appear so, yet, no.

agr
@comcast.net

agr to planet

Anon

to planet
said by planet:
"In my router's (Cisco E1500) wireless settings it offers manual and WPS, I have mine set to manual via bullet point so I infer my WPS is disabled using this setting. Do others agree?"

No. Configuring in manual mode does not turn off WPS. Apparently there is no way to turn it off on most (if not all) Cisco/Linksys routers that have the WPS feature. The only secure option at present appears to be using an older Linksys model lacking WPS or another brand that allows you to turn WPS off.