Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bluegrass

join:2007-04-03
Lexington, KY

1 edit

[Need Info] Trap gone bad. Lexington, KY

Insight replaced a faulty trap at my home yesterday. All is well.
Today, however, another tech shows up, claiming to be QC, and takes pictures of the other guys work. Is this standard procedure? Just curious.

ArcAngel4

join:2006-03-14
Lexington, KY
said by bluegrass:

Insight replaced a faulty trap at my home yesterday. All is well.
Today, however, another tech shows up, claiming to be QC, and takes pictures of the other guys work. Is this standard procedure? Just curious.

Yes this is standard practice, QC techs get a list of jobs each day to go check on of regular techs to see how they done and then score the tech on how well they done, Its been a while since I was checked by QC as I work in the headend now. They check to make sure fittings are tight, grouments are used and house boxes etc. They may also ask the customer if the tech was polite and take notes.

Hope this helps.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to bluegrass
And also tend to roll to jobs a Tech has had a issue with repeats on, or outher complaints. I used to do QC for DirecTV and had my naughty nine that kept me busy. It would be nice though if the van they use (at least up in Columbus) would actualy say Insight on it, vs being a plain white van. Almost got met with Lousiville Slugger had I not known the van from last QC stop I had.

bluegrass

join:2007-04-03
Lexington, KY
reply to bluegrass
Thanks for the information!