uniqs
share rss forum feed

bsipe9

join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH
reply to mogamer

Re: ultra tv

said by mogamer:

Also, are you assuming that for $28 (price estimate) you'll be able to hook up four tv's to the system? Honestly though, if we were to switch to cable for tv, I would convert one of my pc's to a htpc using a cable card device and use our Xbox 360's as extenders.

No, I'm sure that $28 would only include 2 TVs. But in my case I could care less about my other two TV's being hooked up to the DVR. Reason I included them in my DTV calculation is that without those two additional boxes, my 3rd and 4th TV become useless.

Interesting that you found Dish to be lower priced for you because in looking at a comparable package with them it is even more than DTV for me. Glad you're happy though since that is all that matters in the end.

As for the HTPC, Ceton's tuners have been as low as $220 recently so hopefully sub $200 isn't too far away.

pistonsfan82

join:2012-01-09
Clinton Township, MI
Well I hear that it will be a 6 tuner DVR which is sweet because my wife records 2 shows at a time on most nights so it will be nice to watch TV out in the living room and not have to go to the bedroom to watch TV. Also cannot wait for the HD menu. I liked Moxi's when I had it and it appears as if it will look like the same type of menu. I was told FEB 28th around there the new whole home DVR will be out.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21
reply to pistonsfan82
said by pistonsfan82:

It appears since Arris owns Moxi that I wouldn't be surprised to see Moxi as the name of the DVR.

Arris doesn't use the Moxi brand for this. Moxi is a standalone DVR. As the title of this thread indicates, WOW's will be called Ultra TV.

pargoff

join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI
does anyone know when this is supposed to be released?

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
reply to Jeremy W
said by Jeremy W:

said by pistonsfan82:

It appears since Arris owns Moxi that I wouldn't be surprised to see Moxi as the name of the DVR.

Arris doesn't use the Moxi brand for this. Moxi is a standalone DVR. As the title of this thread indicates, WOW's will be called Ultra TV.

The Arris solution you are referring to is the Arris Whole Home Solution, which was recently rebranded as Moxi, but COMPLETELY different from the standalone equipment.

ghettocowboy

@comcast.net
reply to xavier101
not sure if anybody has noticed, but for MI on the additional services & equipment page it is showing ultra tv equipment.

ultra tv equipment package- $15
additional ultra tv media player- $15

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
said by ghettocowboy :

not sure if anybody has noticed, but for MI on the additional services & equipment page it is showing ultra tv equipment.

Ultra TV Equipment Pkg (Gateway + 2 Media Players) $25.00
Additional Media Players $15.00

So I have one HD/DVR and one HD Receiver. Paying $20 total for both. So upgrading to Ultra TV will cost me $5.00 more a month.. plus any additional fees which I'm sure they will tack on.

sgc

Naperville, IL
IL and Cleveland said UTV Equipment Package $15.00 and $15.00 for each additional media player.

Checked just a minute ago and the prices were removed from the site...

sgc

Naperville, IL
reply to Body Count
said by Body Count:

said by ghettocowboy :

So I have one HD/DVR and one HD Receiver. Paying $20 total for both. So upgrading to Ultra TV will cost me $5.00 more a month.. plus any additional fees which I'm sure they will tack on.

The Ultra TV Equipment package includes the modem cost AFAIK.

baess

join:2011-01-28
reply to sgc
said by sgc:

IL and Cleveland said UTV Equipment Package $15.00 and $15.00 for each additional media player.

Checked just a minute ago and the prices were removed from the site...

It's still there.

»www.wowway.com/internet-cable-ph···al-fees/

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Note how it says "As of February 8th".

Being announced/released tomorrow?

sgc

Naperville, IL
Called today; they said they don't have any other info besides pricing until tomorrow, so... yes?

hudiat

Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
Now when I go to products additional it says Package is $15/mo, but doesn't say what that is. On the other link it says $25 for main unit and 2 boxes. I would think the $15 is for the main unit and one box? Or maybe just one of those pages is wrong on price?

sgc

Naperville, IL
said by hudiat:

Now when I go to products additional it says Package is $15/mo, but doesn't say what that is. On the other link it says $25 for main unit and 2 boxes. I would think the $15 is for the main unit and one box? Or maybe just one of those pages is wrong on price?

Since they removed the prices from the "Pricing and Packaging" page, and since both were named the exact same way (meaning they were the same equipment), it was probably just an incorrect price. I really wish that the equipment package would be $15, raising my bill by only $3, but it will raise it $13.

hudiat

Yeah, but not everyone needs 3. I would only need 2, and be happy with just the main unit if it is more reliable than the current dvr offerings.

sgc

Naperville, IL
I actually need 4 of them.

baess

join:2011-01-28
said by sgc:

I actually need 4 of them.

$55/month just for DVRs is a lot, IMHO. I would think there would be less expensive options.

timf

join:2012-01-09
Plymouth, MI
$25 sounds perfectly fair for the basic package - it's the same price as I am paying now for a modem, HD DVR, and 2 cable cards for my TiVo Series 3. This is also the same price for modem + HD DVR + HD non-DVR.

The third box being $15 is a real kicker though, since I was really hoping to add a third TV. I wish the new DVR had the ability to stream to a PC since my third TV is next to my computer, but that feature isn't mentioned anywhere in the Arris literature I can find online. I'll probably still go ahead and get 3 anyways.

I'm assuming for those of us on the waiting list, someone will call or email later this week to arrange for installation?

sgc

Naperville, IL
That's what I was told. I wish that it didn't cost quite so much, but that's what they priced it at. Right now, I have an HD-DVR, SD-DVR, and 2 HD Receivers, and a modem, for $42 a month. It shouldn't cost much more than that. BendBroadband's pricing would be $41 for all the equipment per month, plus a $4 fee for DVR's. WOW! wants $55 for mine, which is obviously $10 more than BendBroadband. I suppose it is worth it, though. I just really don't want a $50 install fee, since it is basically a new line of business (WHDVR/Ultra TV Branding).

At least it's here

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to sgc
said by sgc:

said by Body Count:

said by ghettocowboy :

The Ultra TV Equipment package includes the modem cost AFAIK.

I own my modem. Thus I'm still paying $5.00 a month which sucks.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
reply to Body Count
said by Body Count:

said by ghettocowboy :

So do the Media Players also double as a dvr? Because $15 for an extra one is pretty damn pricey. If it is only a client box, then it shouldn't be anywhere near that price. I would say, $7 tops.

For someone with three or more hdtv's connected to cable, a htpc with xbox 360's for extenders looks better all the time. And you could subscribe to either Netflix or Hulu+ to make up for the lack of on demand content.

sgc

Naperville, IL
reply to xavier101
I called this morning (I wasn't available for a call during the day) and got it set up. They could not keep my discount, but waived installation and I cut out a box and added a DTA . My new bill is $155 plus tax for Ultra TV Signature, 15 Mbps internet, and Advanced Phone. The bundle did not change; just its name. They are installing it on Saturday morning and they will take 2-4 hours. They also mentioned the Tomato game as being the favorite part of training.

pcvtre

join:2012-01-27
Park Ridge, IL
sgc, can you tell us what you think of it after it gets installed?

sgc

Naperville, IL

1 edit
Of course.

As a side note, I checked billing and it says my package is Basic Cable. I'll call and check later (I can't take calls during the day).

ghettocowboy

@wideopenwest.com
what number did you call? i tried the 866 4 wow now, but they said they couldnt tell me anything because it was just a soft launch and they were calling people on the waiting list

prospector00

join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL
reply to xavier101
Called this afternoon to get set up and was told the upgrades are not ready and I could be put on a waiting list. Kind of disappointing because I had e-mailed Wow_Dan to get put on the waiting list but they didn't seem to have a record of that. Don't understand how my friend from Naperville a few posts up got an appointment to have it installed on Saturday when I'm just up the road in Mount Prospect and it is not ready to be rolled out.

xavier101

join:2003-08-03
Chicago, IL
i got my installation for tommorow at 4 pm i will let you all know how it goes i just call wow this morning and told them i called from wow to get ultra tv they switch me over to another department

boop

@wideopenwest.com
Did any of you guys who already set it up get more details on it? I'm waiting to see really anything specific on it before making an appointment and the person I just talked to on the phone said her training for the new service isn't until tomorrow so she didn't know much.

sgc

Naperville, IL
said by boop :

Did any of you guys who already set it up get more details on it? I'm waiting to see really anything specific on it before making an appointment and the person I just talked to on the phone said her training for the new service isn't until tomorrow so she didn't know much.

Look on the WOW! website under Customer Care.

hudiat