uniqs

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose to smashcraft

to smashcraft

Re: [CATV] Updates coming?

I'm actualy wondering when there going to post a merger website, hell AT&T had one up before they had the ok for Cinular and Bellsouth.

Be nice to know how/whats gong to happen, is TWC going to put up with how were setup, or convert to their platforms/equiptment and how soon.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

said by OSUGoose:

.... is TWC going to put up with how were setup, or convert to their platforms/equiptment and how soon.

I'd keep an eye on their forums here (and our front page news area)

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

I have been. Both sides are acting like nothing is going on, but will keep us informed, speel. Just be nice to know that they have got such and such approval, and such and such approval is comming, should close on such and such date, and start to transition on such and such date. Heck even PNC/National City were more informative then these two are being.
ArcAngel4
join:2006-03-14
Lexington, KY

ArcAngel4 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
I dont think they will be converting to another box platform, as most Insight markets are Motorola systems and will remain that way, It will be a major capitol investment for them to swap over to a differnt DCT for example switching from a Motorola Dac to a Cisco (Sci Atlanta) DNCS platform if that what TWC is using

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

TWC in Columbus uses SA/Cisco. And they have allready stated cap ex of 100Mil will be incured. Would make zero sence to keep 3-4 pockets in Columbus on Moto, when I'm shure they will want to integrate with the TWC network that surrounds these areas.

compugeek0
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
localhost

compugeek0

Premium Member

They use Moto in the old Adelphia systems around Columbus. Newark comes to mind right off the cuff.

Geek

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Yea but that would be oftly far to integrate with, and stupid to leave the existing office and thus twice the op ex, you'd think they would want to "borg" the insight areas into their network ASAP to cut costs to maintain both.

compugeek0
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
localhost

compugeek0

Premium Member

Well resistance is futile. Believe me on that one.

Geek

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

I know, just hoping to get in on the better MRDVR TWC has vs being stuck with this pace garbage.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

Yea but that would be oftly far to integrate with, and stupid to leave the existing office and thus twice the op ex, you'd think they would want to "borg" the insight areas into their network ASAP to cut costs to maintain both.

My guess is Columbus will be the one market that is absorbed by TW fairly quickly considering they already have the "Interconnect" in place for the Local Columbus 'Insight' RR branded... With Time Warner surrounding even parts of the Insight Area... It wont take much on the back end to interconnect the two networks.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

I hope so, TWC has some nice stuff, like wideband, snd the ability to bundle 4g wireless for less then going to sprint or clear for a aircard that works on the same network

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

TWC in Columbus uses SA/Cisco. And they have allready stated cap ex of 100Mil will be incured. Would make zero sence to keep 3-4 pockets in Columbus on Moto, when I'm shure they will want to integrate with the TWC network that surrounds these areas.

well TWC could keep motorola in the former insight areas as I am in a motorola area and we have all of the TWC services on motorola boxes including startover/lookback which is available on the whole house DVR in my area using DCX3400M and DCX3200M. I was told awhile back that they were going to phase out the motorola boxes in the system I am on instead they went with the DCX-M boxes for the multiroom and left the iGuide boxes intact. Also there could be another reason to leave the insight system separate bandwidth. Unless Columbus proper is 860MHz in the TWC area it would not make sense to merge the insight system into the Columbus system as they would actually loose bandwidth if TWC Columbus is 750MHz. Also TWC would want get SDV running up as quickly as possible and they can do that with the existing boxes from motorola and likely pace.

My TWC area was obtained from Comcast in 2006 during the Adelphia Swap/buyout and we were 750MHz and then they upgraded us to 860MHz to alllow for a uniform bandwidth across the metro where I live as parts were 750MHz, 860MHz, and even 550MHz/330MHz dual line areas.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Yea but at least Comcast somewhat knew what they was doing with the system, vs Insight who hasent done ANYTHING in ages, last thing was the MRDVR that is a beta product at best. othing Internet wise. Phone hasent changed in 3-4 years.